Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody tried lock laces for their sneakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody tried lock laces for their sneakers?

Hi all,

I'm my continuing quest to figure out how to be able to wear otherwise tie shoes when there is nobody home to tie them for me, I've gotten a recommendation to try out speed laces, like athletes use during triathlons. I picked up a couple of pairs of Lock Laces today (http://www.locklaces.com/). But I'm trying to figure out how I would be able to pull the laces tight and lock them since I still can't reach my feet, shoes or the spot where shoe laces would normally be tied. I don't know that I would be able to use my grabber to try and force the lock to move on the laces or not. Has anybody else tried them and been successful? If so, how were you able to pull the laces tight and lock them?

I may be at a disadvantage than others since I have relatively longer legs and relatively shorter arms than other folks my same height.

If I was able to cross my leg such that one foot would be over the other knee, that might help, but my legs just don't have enough flexibility at this point to go up as high as the other knee, and at this point I don't know that they ever will (tomorrow will be 7 months since my surgery).

-- Thanks,
    Mary
    -- Mary D. Taffet
    Lumbar curve 27 degrees in 07/2007 > 34 degrees in 03/2009 > 38 degrees in 02/2011 > 42 degrees in 09/2011
    Laminectomy L2-L5, Fusion T9-S1 (sacrum) with pelvic fixation 01/23/2012 w/ Dr. Richard Tallarico, Upstate Orthopedics, Syracuse, NY

Hi Mary...

I believe the concept is that the ties are set at a level where they're loose enough to let you put your shoes on without having to tie the laces, and tight enough so that the shoes won't fall off. I've been using a similar lace since my last surgery, and they've been fine.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Curly elastic laces

Hi Mary,
      I work in Rehab and found some peole like curly elastic laces. Here is a website that shows pictures although i don't know the company. http://www.curlylaces.com/shoelaces.html No tieing required! They stretch when you put your foot in. Best of Luck!! Cyndi

Comment

Mary,
        I was given elastic laces in the hospital when I had my surgery. I saw the curly laces at Disney several years ago and bought a pair for my brother at the time who was having trouble with his feet and couldn't stand shoe laces tied tightly. Some shoe store care them also.
        Sally
        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
        X