Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in St. Louis Sept. 19th?

Hi all,

I'll be seeing Dr. Lenke for my six-month followup on Sept. 19th. Will any of you be there? Always love to meet a fellow Forum user!

Evelyn
    age 48
    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Yes! I have my 2-year follow-up at 7am on September 19th. I would love to chat with you, Evelyn! I will be there with my dear aunt who lives in St. Louis and always accompanies me to appointments. What time is your appointment?

Kathy
    Kathy
    46 yrs at surgery, now 50
    71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
    8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
    http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

I will be there on Sept. 19 (Jane D.)

We will be flying in on the 18th for a 3:40 appointment on the 19th with Dr. Lenke for my 7 weeks checkup. Would love to see both of you. Wish my appointment was earlier in the day. I imagine he will surely be running late by that time in the afternoon.Jane

Comment

I will be!

I have a 10 am appointment with Dr. Lenke on the 19th for my pre-op. My husband and I will be flying in at 6 pm on the 18th. Would love to meet you Jane and Evelyn!!!!!
        Jane- I just returned from a 2 week vacation and received your message. Tried calling you at the lake house, left a message but I suppose you are already home. Give me another call when you can.
        Best, Heidi
        Scheduled for surgery with Dr. Lenke Oct. 2012
        53*T 71*L
        Surgery 10/05/2012 T4-pelvis
        Correction: looks perfect! Will find out how perfect at future appointments

Comment

Awesome! Well, my appointment is at 5:20 p.m., so unless you are staying over, Kathy, I'll probably miss you. Heidi, you'll probably be there the whole day. Can you PM me your cell phone number and I'll try to find you when I get there? I'm thinking I'll be there about 3 p.m. St. Louis time (have to drive from Indy), so I should be able to see you, too, Jane. My mother is driving me--I still don't like driving that long--so I'll message you all when I get final travel details. Maybe I can get there a little earlier and meet you all. Kathy, let me know your plans.

Cheers,
          Evelyn
          age 48
          Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020

Comment

Hi,
            I have my pre-op appt. Sept. 19th starting at 8:40am. Sounds like it will take me all day! I don't know if it's possible to get together that day as they are going to keep me pretty busy from the sounds of it. My surgery is Oct.29th. Anyway, we'll see how things play out that day. I would love to touch base. We'll all be so close, yet so far away!! Darn~~~ anyway, I'll stay in touch as it draws closer. I forgot who said their surgery is in Oct?? Bye for now~~~ Linda.
            P.S. I just saw it is You Heidi, that is having your surgery in Oct. What day in Oct?
            Last edited by babyboomer16; 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM.
            Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
            Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
            This started adult onset scoliosis
            July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
            Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
            Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
            May 30th 2013 revision
            May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
            May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Evelyn... I will PM you my cell phone number!
              My surgery is October 12th
              53*T 71*L

Comment

I live about 30 miles from St. Louis and wish we could all meet for lunch. Maybe Gardenia could meet, as well. I think she is living at her daughter's in St. Louis before her surgery. Any suggestions of a time and place that the majority of you with appointments in the morning or late afternoon could make?
                Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                Rib Hump-GONE!
                Age-60 at the time of surgery
                Now 66
                Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Originally posted by golfnut View Post
                  I live about 30 miles from St. Louis and wish we could all meet for lunch. Maybe Gardenia could meet, as well. I think she is living at her daughter's in St. Louis before her surgery. Any suggestions of a time and place that the majority of you with appointments in the morning or late afternoon could make?
                  Karen,
                  30 miles from St. Louis? My family goes down to visit family we have in Godfrey. Have you ever visited Raging Rivers water park?

Tamena
                  Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Hi Karen,

As of now I won't be able to get there in time for lunch. My mother is driving me, and she has to come from Ohio to pick me up in Indiana. So unless she can come earlier, I won't be there until around 3 pm. I could meet for a late dinner or coffee, though. Do you think it's safe to assume Dr. Lenke will be done with me by 7 pm from a 5:20 appointment? Surely the man can't stay past that and still do surgery the next day! Anyway, if others can meet for lunch, don't worry about me. I am going to find a way to track down Heidi & Jane (and Kathy if she's still around). If I can rearrange travel plans, I'll post.

Best,
                    Evelyn
                    age 48

Comment

Tamena,
                      I used to go to Godfrey to visit a college roomate when we were both teaching our first few years, but I've never been to the water park. I am about 40 miles south of Godfrey.

I wish it wouldn't be so complicated to get everyone together with so many of you being in Dr. Lenke's office the same day, but different times. I've met Kathy and Evelyn in person, and would love to see them again and meet the rest of you. It's really hard to plan something around an appointment, because Dr. Lenke is usually running way behind.
                      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                      Rib Hump-GONE!
                      Age-60 at the time of surgery
                      Now 66
                      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

surgery date change

I will still be in St. Louis on the 19th...but Karen called today and told me they needed to move my date to Oct. 5th, which is a full week before my scheduled date. I am hoping that the airlines will be generous and not charge me change fees. I also hope that everything/ everyone will be able to accommodate the schedule change. I don't know if I should be mad or happy! I am a little frustrated and a bit overwhelmed that I have to change everything. I am trying to take deep breaths....
                        53*T 71*L

Comment

Remember everything happens for a reason and now you will be on the road to recovery even faster than you first anticipated. I will be watching for updates to see how you do, for I follow a couple weeks after you. : )
                          Praying for strength and clamness for you.

Tamena
                          Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Face book

Tamena,
                            So true. God is in control. I just wanted to let you (and others) know that my face book page will be updated by a friend and will have progress reports about my surgery and recovery. If you are on FB and want me to keep in touch... friend me. I am guessing it will be a few weeks after my surgery before I get back on the forum, but who knows? Prayers and kind words are always appreciated!

Best,
                            Heidi Steffen
                            53*T 71*L

Comment

Originally posted by hasteffen View Post
                              Tamena,
                              So true. God is in control. I just wanted to let you (and others) know that my face book page will be updated by a friend and will have progress reports about my surgery and recovery. If you are on FB and want me to keep in touch... friend me. I am guessing it will be a few weeks after my surgery before I get back on the forum, but who knows? Prayers and kind words are always appreciated!

Best
                              Heidi Steffen
                              I just said the same thing yesterday about God being in control. I was having a panick attack just thinking about 10 hrs on the surgery table. And then I reminded myself that it was God that led me to Dr. Lenke, and He shall see me through this whole thing His way, as He is in control. I felt much better. Warmest thoughts to you~~~ Linda
                              Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                              Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                              This started adult onset scoliosis
                              July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                              Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                              Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                              May 30th 2013 revision
                              May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                              May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X