Long time since I posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time since I posted

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on here for ages still read the posts though, I have recently had a seizure still trying to find out what caused it, luckily my back was ok when I had the seizure.

I do have one question though, I am just over 4 years post op, fused from t3-l4.
    I am no longer having check ups with my surgeon, but recently there is one part from my back, in the middle just to the right which is always cold to the touch, and at night with duvet over me etc, when I wake in the morn that one part of my spine is still cold but also clammy, has anyone else had this problem, even after a hot bath, getting right out the bath and touching that part of my back is still cold.....not sure what it is, never had it before either before or after the op..

Thank you
    Angela
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Angela,
    Welcome back. I've not "met" you before on here, but it's nice to meet new people. Is your cold spot discolored in any way? Either way, it might be time to pay another visit to your surgeon. It sounds to me, and I'm by no means a doctor, that it could be nerve related. If, after all this time, blood flow was diminished to that area, I would think that your body would have compensated by now and made new pathways for blood to flow. Nerve damage can cause really strange symptoms. I take it that your pain has subsided since your signature does not include a revision?

I wish you all the best.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Hi, thank you for your reply, and nice to meet you.
      I have only had the one op and at the moment I just have min pain, not enough for pain killers etc, winter is the worse when I get more pain cause of the cold.

I will email my surgeon, the spot which is cold is fine in every other way colour etc being normal no pain in that area, the pain i get is higher up in my shoulder blade area.

Thank you for your reply
      Angela
      Angela, 25 England.
      75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
      Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
      Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
      May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Comment

Hi Angela-- I remember you well. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Let us know what your surgeon says. Take care. Susie
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
        X