PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have advice for painful protruberent vertebrae at kyphosis???

susancook
08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
The vertebrae of my kyphosis are most prominent right at my bra line. They feel really knobby and stick out quite a bit. I can feel 3 vertebrae. They frequently ache quite a lot, especially when I sit or stand for a while.

I wear a Lidoderm 5% patch over the area and that helps some, but has anyone else had any treatment for the aching? Is there any injection that anyone has had and did that help? Ice packs and heating pads help some also, but they require me to be lying down and of course not much help when I am standing cooking dinner. Thanks! Susan

susancook
08-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Seems that no one had advice or my problem. I went to a new pain MD who did a thoracic medial branch block bilateral last week. The procedure was quite painful, but I did get pain relief....actually I was surprised how much it helped. I had inections of T 10, 11, and 12. Another set of tests, then hopefully a denervation.
Susan

loves to skate
08-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Susan,
I'm glad you were able to get some relief. Every little bit helps.
Sally

rohrer01
08-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Susan,
Sorry no one answered your question. I have the opposite problem as you. My spine literally indents in the upper thoracic area. I'm glad you got relief, though. I hope the denervation works for you, too.

susancook
08-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Susan,
Sorry no one answered your question. I have the opposite problem as you. My spine literally indents in the upper thoracic area. I'm glad you got relief, though. I hope the denervation works for you, too.

I imagine that an indented spine is painful too. The denervation is for arthritis, so maybe that might help you too? Out of my expertise, but to you and others, thanks for caring. I used to feel alone on my "scoliosis/arthritis bummer of a back" journey, but I find the forum reassuring. I am better than some and worse than others.

take care, Susan

susancook
09-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I am scheduled for a bilateral denervation on T10, 11, and 12 on Thursday. The medial branch block was very painful, so I am worried about the pain with the radiofrequency ablation. The sedation for the lumbar procedure was light, I think. A Silver bullet? Susan

susancook
10-05-2012, 08:05 AM
To finish the saga, I had the bilateral thoracic denervation of T10, 11, and 12 [think that's right] on the 18th of September. The denervation was VERY PAINFUL but the pain relief was worth it. It took 2 weeks to really feel the benefit, and getting on an airplane 15 hours after the procedure to Fiji didn't help! I am amazed at what a difference the procedure made! Anyone having questions about the MBB or denervation, please ask and I will email the details of what happens.
Susan