View Full Version : Dr. Lenke's waiting room

07-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Wednesday, July 25, was my pre-op visit with Dr. Lenke (surgery on August 8, hopefully) and all the pre-op tests. One of the most helpful times for my husband and me was getting to talk to patients who had the surgery already from 2 months ago to 10 years ago. What a special time! Thank you to those who shared their stories with us and their wisdom. If you ever want to send me a message, I would love to keep up with you and tell you how my surgery (again, Lord-willing) went.
12 days and counting

07-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Wishing you best of luck.You will be fine soon surely.My lot of prayers are with you.

07-27-2012, 08:53 PM
I had my surgery with Dr. Lenke 18 months go. It was the toughest decision I ever made and I have never regretted it. Please feel free to send me a PM with any questions.

07-28-2012, 09:35 AM
I hope to be one of the encouragers in Dr. Lenke's office soon.

07-29-2012, 04:46 PM
While I did have a different doctor, talking to other paients is the best!

07-29-2012, 05:50 PM
You are in good hands... Mine is Dr Bridwell and they both know each other well and work together or at least collaborate like all other physicians in this medical center.

Please keep up updated as my surgery is on Oct 16th. I toured the hospital on Thursday i.e. the floor is like any other floor. I was shown 2 small waiting rooms but not sure if families can wait in the main waiting room on the street level as it is larger and has many separate sections.


07-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Did Dr. Bridwell tell you why he isnt going to fuse your top curve?

08-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes, after looking at my bottom curve that has lots more work and stenosis. He believes that my upper curve will remain pretty stabble and he does not want to spend more time addressing the entire spine. He assured me that it will be OK. I do believe and trust his judgement. Can't ask a surgeon to go beyond 8-10 hours to do my lower curve and then do the upper in addition.

My only hope is that there will resolution about the BMP and total denial by United Health care if BMP is used in the surgery. Insurances do find the littlest to deny anything. So, my surgery for Oct 16th is being on hold until Dr Bridwell finds another way.

I have confident. I worry about those who are going to have surgeries in August and September with either Dr B or Dr Lenke as WashU/CAM works as a group. Hope they can fight the insurance.