PDA

View Full Version : Be careful what you say about your doctor on the blog

susancook
07-27-2012, 02:21 AM
I was looking on GOOGLE for a lecture given by my surgeon, Dr. Robert Hart. I USED to have his name in my signature, but just erased it. Why? Well on GOOGLE under his name were 3 of my posts on this blog where I mentioned him. Boy, was I surprised!!!! Fortunately all were very general and described my questions, with no comments about his care, which I think is very good. Just sayin', think about what you say about a doctor as you might find your comments on page 1 of a GOOGLE search under your surgeons name!
Susan

babyboomer16
07-30-2012, 09:57 PM
I was looking on GOOGLE for a lecture given by my surgeon, Dr. Robert Hart. I USED to have his name in my signature, but just erased it. Why? Well on GOOGLE under his name were 3 of my posts on this blog where I mentioned him. Boy, was I surprised!!!! Fortunately all were very general and described my questions, with no comments about his care, which I think is very good. Just sayin', think about what you say about a doctor as you might find your comments on page 1 of a GOOGLE search under your surgeons name!
Susan
Hi Susan, Thanks for the tip on the Google thing. Yeah, that would kinda be a bit of a surprise to see your post! I've been wanting to thank-you for the card you sent and let you know how I appreciated it. I have been so slow this summer. It doesn't help we have had a terribly hot summer. My surgery is Feb. 11th(a week earlier). I told them to please call ~~~that we're available at any time. My ribs grind on my pelvic bone ! And I am on pain meds that most people are on after surgery. That worries me. As tolerance can be a problem, unless there's a real good pain team at the hospital. Listen to me ramble on~~~sorry! Stay in touch. Linda

LindaRacine
07-30-2012, 11:17 PM
If it makes you feel any better, the first post for "Robert Hart scoliosis" is mine praising his video talk and honesty, but suggesting that he needs to comb his hair :)

LOL

--Linda

susancook
08-01-2012, 12:56 AM
If it makes you feel any better, the first post for "Robert Hart scoliosis" is mine praising his video talk and honesty, but suggesting that he needs to comb his hair :)

I agree about the hair thing, that's maybe a NW thing. He wears jeans and an Oxford shirt to clinic, so he does have a relaxed style.

Just saying that your doctor and lots of others can read your posts. I knew that our blog was public and I would say anything that I said here to my doctors...just on the first page of Google was pretty amazing!

Susan