Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I go to a concert at the 2 months break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go to a concert at the 2 months break?

My operation is on Oct. 16th. I would loved to be able to go to the St Louis Basilica Christmas show on Dec. 15/16th. Does anyone know if I could sit for the 2 hours or so? I will take a cushion.

This will be such an uplift event. I went there today just to thank for some miracle thing that happened to me today (an issue that has nothing to do with surgery but it was very heavy on my chest). During the middle of my thanking, the organs can 'on'. Wow, it was something that I cannot describe. It envelopes you and one is just like a tiny insignificant cell in the middle of such a grandiour place.

Any opinions? If I buy the tickets (for my family and I) even if I cannot attend, it will be a donation.

Gardenia

PS - I wonder if there is anyone around in ST Louis that would be willing to meet next week for a quick tea/coffee chat etc. With enough direction, I can get there...
    Gardenia
    Baja California, Mexico & El Centro, Ca
    pre-surgery 75° and 89° - post ?
    Dr. Bridwell Nov 27, 2012 @Barnes Jewish @62yrs
    T11 to Sacrum Dural leak at L2 & L3 ccmail4g@gmail.com

Hi...

I could not have come anywhere near being able to sit for 2 hours at 2 months postop. And, auditorium seats can sometimes be torturous. If you can get an end seat, and those in charge won't mind that you stand, you could potentially make it work.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

thanks, a bit ambitious on my part

My husband would most likely have the same reaction. Maybe, I can get the cheap seats on the sides and if I have to strecth I could. Maybe stand up to the side. I could also be kneeling.

I might not be up to going so it could be a mute point, just a wonderful wish...
      Gardenia

Comment

Depends on the concert...
        Beasty Boys, no way...(heavy bass can vibrate screws loose)
        Spinal Tap, possibly...(deserves an attempt, only due to the great name)
        Puppet show....not at any point in recovery.

Just kidding. he he

I was not able to go anywhere at 2 months...I was still in survival mode at that point. Walking 50-100 feet every hour during the day and trying to sleep which was also difficult.

At 4 months I jumped out of the nest and flapped my wings a bit. Like Linda mentioned, if you sit in the back off to the side, you can stand up every once in a while since sitting is difficult. You will become an ergonomics expert.

Recovery will be a slow process.
        Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by gardenia View Post
          My operation is on Oct. 16th. I would loved to be able to go to the St Louis Basilica Christmas show on Dec. 15/16th. Does anyone know if I could sit for the 2 hours or so? I will take a cushion.

This will be such an uplift event. I went there today just to thank for some miracle thing that happened to me today (an issue that has nothing to do with surgery but it was very heavy on my chest). During the middle of my thanking, the organs can 'on'. Wow, it was something that I cannot describe. It envelopes you and one is just like a tiny insignificant cell in the middle of such a grandiour place.

Any opinions? If I buy the tickets (for my family and I) even if I cannot attend, it will be a donation.

Gardenia

PS - I wonder if there is anyone around in ST Louis that would be willing to meet next week for a quick tea/coffee chat etc. With enough direction, I can get there...
          My surgery was Oct 15th 2008. On Dec 15th, 2008 my family and I went to see the Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes in NYC. I was able (with a pillow) to take the train from NJ to NY, ride the subway from the train station, and sit through a maybe 90 minute?? show. I used my pillow on the train, subway and show. And then we went for a nice lunch, rode the subway and train back. Yes, I remember popping a pain pill during our lunch, but I was just FINE. I was totally and utterly exhausted by the end of the day, but I did it and was so happy to be able to get out into the real world. As opposed to mall walking with my parents as I had been during recovery, LOL.

So, YES I think you can do it!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
          Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
          Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
          Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
          Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

And having these tickets will give you something to look forward to and inspire you to have a great recovery! Go for it!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
            Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
            Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
            Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
            Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

yeah, you are right - no longer a springy chicken

I send out invites to my immediate family, my husband just ignored me (I am in St Louis and he is still back in Mexico). It is one of those things that after 30 years of being married to a man who makes sure there is a plan and will not jump into stuff etc will wait to see me to discuss in person.

But like the other said: have something to look after.

Maybe next year, unless politically christmas is cancelled.

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
              Depends on the concert...
              Beasty Boys, no way...(heavy bass can vibrate screws loose)
              Spinal Tap, possibly...(deserves an attempt, only due to the great name)
              Puppet show....not at any point in recovery.

Just kidding. he he

I was not able to go anywhere at 2 months...I was still in survival mode at that point. Walking 50-100 feet every hour during the day and trying to sleep which was also difficult.

At 4 months I jumped out of the nest and flapped my wings a bit. Like Linda mentioned, if you sit in the back off to the side, you can stand up every once in a while since sitting is difficult. You will become an ergonomics expert.

Recovery will be a slow process.
              Ed
              Gardenia

Comment

Working...
              X