Worried..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried..

Hi, i already 26, but just accidentally diagnosed out that i had scoliosis and doc said mine could be adolecense idiopathic scoliosis. doc said i don't need any surgery, if need be only for cosmetic reason. but i still worry abt it, cause i always having back pain problems, could it be due to scoliosis? more over, they said nothing could be done for my case, do i hav any problems later if i pregnant later (cause i am planning to marry) and will i have more possibilities to get osteroporosis when i get old later? anything can i do to cure it? like exercise or getting more calcium intake? my doc advised me to take caltrade? does it help?

RE: Worried

Hi, I'm 19 and was diagnosed at 15 with a 38 degree curve because I was basically finished growing there was no point in wearing a brace and my curve would also only warrant surgery for cosmetic reasons. I suffer from some breathing difficulty and muscle pain in my back as well as hip problems but its nothing I can't handle with alternative treatments. Try going to physiotherapy and yoga, my advice is to try anything eventually you will find a treatment that suits you. It is true that many people with osteoperosis have scoliosis this is mainly because they have low bone densities. If you need clarity go to a nutritionist and have a bone density test to see if you are at risk but I doubt its anything serious and I don't think there is any harm in taking calcium supplements. Depending on the degree of your curve, I don't think pregnency will be a problem. Scoliosis cannot be cured but I found exercises very helpful.

Comment

Thanks!!

I would try yoga and take calcium supplement if it is useful!

sincerely hope u all the best in your future...and all others with scoliosis... hehe

Comment

Working...
      X