PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for shaving legs?

mdtaffet
05-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Hi all,

I'm fortunate enough to not have to shave my legs more than a couple times a year. The first time I generally try to do that is about now, around Memorial Day. I don't really want to ask my husband to do it for me, but right now I'm not sure what other options might be available. Generally I would do it myself in the shower with the same razor I use for my underarms. But I'm not sure that I trust another person -- even my husband -- to use a razor on me, especially given that my legs are still mostly numb from the knees down.

Other than one of those places that does "laser hair removal", I'm not sure what other options exist.

Any tips would be welcome.

-- Thanks,
Mary

mabeckoff
05-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Waxing is a option as as using a product like Nair

Doreen1
05-25-2012, 06:45 AM
I used Nair for the first few times then went back to using my razor with one foot propped up on the shower bench.

Warmly
Doreen

Doodles
05-25-2012, 02:27 PM
I duct-taped a long wooden spoon onto my razor. I think Jennifer came up with the idea. Worked like a charm--used it for months. Janet

golfnut
05-25-2012, 08:49 PM
I did the same as Janet and probably used it (changing razors as needed) for 6-8 months.

JenniferG
05-26-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm pretty sure I got the idea from someone here. One of many good ideas I picked up from this forum!

mdtaffet
06-05-2012, 10:45 AM
I ended up getting my legs waxed on Sunday for the first time ever, mostly because I had to get a pedicure due to toenail pain that was bad enough to keep me from sleeping. The place I went for the pedicure also does waxing, so I got both services -- though I told the technician that I wouldn't be rolling over onto my stomach for her to wax the back of my legs. She was able to reach most of my leg from the top with me lying on my back, so she doesn't think there would have been much hair to get from the back anyway.

Usually I shave up to 3 times a year (around Memorial Day, in the middle of the summer, and near the end of the summer), but I was told that the waxing may make it so that I only need to do it once this summer. Hopefully she's right about that.

-- Mary