PDA

View Full Version : Ready for a kicker? pictures attached

king14
05-10-2012, 12:46 AM
with Dr. B today and I don't have any definitive answers except to meet with his partner and then decide what the best options are for me.

Thoracic 56 - bends to a 17 degree

Lumbar 53 - bends to a 4 degree.

Classification wise, neither are structural because they both bend to less than 25... So I'm waiting to have a follow up appt with both of them, so they can pow wow and figure out next steps...

super impressed by my flexibility therefore giving them more options to consider...keep you posted....

Pooka1
05-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Okay now I want your autograph. You ARE special. :-)

Completely remarkable.

Linda wrote of a case where they simply put the patient under anesthesia preparing for fusion and realized the curve was gone. They woke the patient up without having surgery and the curve was gone. You might ask Boachie about doing that.

Wow.

Pooka1
05-10-2012, 05:26 AM
By the way, can you do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jutuEhkSnCU

Sally posted this a while ago and I have never forgotten it. :-)

king14
05-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Pooka -
I'm not that flexible!! :)

So verdict thus far is T4-L1 to try and save as much of the lumbar spine as possible. I'll keep you posted, as I have a couple of other appts for a 3rd opinion. :)

Thanks for your concern, you have a great sense of knowledge, you can tell you're a great mom!!! :)

titaniumed
05-10-2012, 10:33 PM
That was incredible! Iíve never seen anything like that. I donít know what to say? Woah!....LOL

Here is another one talking about limber....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jDUVjZM3NI

King, if they fuse you, they ought to get you close to perfect....

Limber is a good thing.

Ed

Pooka1
05-11-2012, 05:37 AM
Well, even though your T curve is not structural he is clearly afraid of your lumbar getting structuralized.

Didn't he comment about how unusual your case was? He is talking a 10 level fusion of a non-structural curve.

I'd like to see what a number of these top guys think about your case.

jrnyc
05-11-2012, 11:14 AM
i still do not understand how such a thing happens....????
the scoli is not there upon bending...?????
strange...why???
how does such a thing happen....??
does pain go away upon bending...?
do you have pain...????

jess

Pooka1
05-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Pooka -
I'm not that flexible!! :)

Did you try? Maybe you are!!!

king14
05-11-2012, 02:31 PM
i still do not understand how such a thing happens....????
the scoli is not there upon bending...?????
strange...why???
how does such a thing happen....??
does pain go away upon bending...?
do you have pain...????

jess

I don't know why either, and it doesn't sound like anybody else knows why.
I don't know if I could've had a "structural" Tspine but because of my diligence on working on my back since I was 13 it kept it limber.... I'm not sure. (not saying that EVERYONE on here doesn't do their part, just saying that my work is in Fitness, pilates, understanding muscle imbalances, stretching, yoga) and I started that almost 16 years ago. So i have from a VERY young age have been determined to everything possible to keep my spine healthy, massage, rolfing, everything... but who knows.
I do not have pain bending, it feels SO good to bend to the left (straightening my lumbar spine)
I just recently started to have lower back pain, but some Dr's say because of my Disc Bulge and some say my disc bulge is so minor its becuase of the apex of my lumbar curve is causing the pain. I don't know.
I had a doctor tell me that I was too flexible and my spine wasn't strong and to stop working out so much, yoga etc, and honestly that's when i started to get my pain. Sooo, I don't know who to believe.
I believe i'm seeing the best Dr's (Dr. Bederman, Dr. Johnson, Dr Leroy Hunt) all in California... I am just going to gather as much info as possible and go from there.... I'll keep you posted!

Pooka1
05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't know why either, and it doesn't sound like anybody else knows why.
I don't know if I could've had a "structural" Tspine but because of my diligence on working on my back since I was 13 it kept it limber.... I'm not sure. (not saying that EVERYONE on here doesn't do their part, just saying that my work is in Fitness, pilates, understanding muscle imbalances, stretching, yoga) and I started that almost 16 years ago. So i have from a VERY young age have been determined to everything possible to keep my spine healthy, massage, rolfing, everything... but who knows.

Well, even if that is true, then PT appears to be unable to prevent progression even if it prevents structuralization. And if the response from surgeons is to fuse anyway as if it was structural just because it is large and threatens your lumbar then I guess I don't see the upside.

king14
05-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Well, even if that is true, then PT appears to be unable to prevent progression even if it prevents structuralization. And if the response from surgeons is to fuse anyway as if it was structural just because it is large and threatens your lumbar then I guess I don't see the upside.

I'm confused by your last statement. Did you mean you don't see the upside to PT? Or fusion.
PT?- then i understand because it didn't help anyway...
Fusion-?
Sorry i'm just not following your opinion.
tks

Pooka1
05-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm confused by your last statement. Did you mean you don't see the upside to PT? Or fusion.
PT?- then i understand because it didn't help anyway...
Fusion-?
Sorry i'm just not following your opinion.
tks

Yes PT. I don't see the upside if it can't prevent a fusion due to progression if not structuralization.

A Thoracic fusion, if it will save your lumbar, is almost all upside.

susancook
05-12-2012, 11:06 PM
with Dr. B today and I don't have any definitive answers except to meet with his partner and then decide what the best options are for me.

Thoracic 56 - bends to a 17 degree

Lumbar 53 - bends to a 4 degree.

Classification wise, neither are structural because they both bend to less than 25... So I'm waiting to have a follow up appt with both of them, so they can pow wow and figure out next steps...

super impressed by my flexibility therefore giving them more options to consider...keep you posted....

I am 65 years old and if I could do that, I bet I wouldn't need surgery. You are awesome!
Susan

rohrer01
05-13-2012, 12:50 AM
King14,
I know this sounds odd, but I'm wondering if the less invasive tethering procedure or even VBS would work for you because of your "nonstructural" curves. It might be worth asking if they want to proceed with a surgical option. These procedures act more like an internal splint to hold the spine upright without making it a solid fusion mass of bone, so you would retain your flexibility to a much better degree than using rod instrumentation. It is my understanding that these procedures are used strictly on kids with growth left, but your case is unusual. Oh, I mean "special". ;-)

king14
05-13-2012, 01:44 AM
King14,
I know this sounds odd, but I'm wondering if the less invasive tethering procedure or even VBS would work for you because of your "nonstructural" curves. It might be worth asking if they want to proceed with a surgical option. These procedures act more like an internal splint to hold the spine upright without making it a solid fusion mass of bone, so you would retain your flexibility to a much better degree than using rod instrumentation. It is my understanding that these procedures are used strictly on kids with growth left, but your case is unusual. Oh, I mean "special". ;-)

Thanks so much, i've never heard of that, and i'll definetly ask about it at my next appt!!!
I love this forum!!

Pooka1
05-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks so much, i've never heard of that, and i'll definetly ask about it at my next appt!!!
I love this forum!!

That is a good suggestion but you will likely have to go to a pediatric guy for the procedure. Not sure they can or would take an adult.

If Maria is reading, do you know if any of the guys doing VBS also do adult? Maybe at least one does.

That would be beyond cool if you were accepted for stapling as an adult. The stapling does help straighten without loss of flexibility. Seems like case study material. Very SPECIAL!

leahdragonfly
05-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi Sharon,

interesting thought, but no, VBS in never done for adults. The idea behind VBS is growth modulation.

I am also curious to hear the outcome of this discussion, because it seems to me the OP is extremely flexible, but she still has significant curves. My personal thought is her curves are still significant, even though she can bend them both out.

Another question about the statement that curves are not structural if they bend to below 25 degrees...is this just in adults, or for curves above a certain size? Because a criteria for VBS is the ability to bend out the curve to under 20 degrees. This shows that the curve will be flexible enough to respond to VBS I think. Leah's 30-degree thoracic curve, for instance, bent out to around 10 degrees, but was still a structural curve. She was 8 at the time.

Pooka1
05-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Sharon,

interesting thought, but no, VBS in never done for adults. The idea behind VBS is growth modulation.

Yes but another use might be in large non-structural curves in adults just to gain some straightness through the thorax to save the lumbar. She might achieve a straight and flexible spine because she is so flexible. But that would be totally experimental and I doubt she could find someone to agree to even try.

I am also curious to hear the outcome of this discussion, because it seems to me the OP is extremely flexible, but she still has significant curves. My personal thought is her curves are still significant, even though she can bend them both out.

Even though it doesn't fit the general pattern of hysterical scoliosis (one long C curve from neck to S1), I think it could be hysterical and worth a shot of being put under just to see if it disappears.

Another question about the statement that curves are not structural if they bend to below 25 degrees...is this just in adults, or for curves above a certain size? Because a criteria for VBS is the ability to bend out the curve to under 20 degrees. This shows that the curve will be flexible enough to respond to VBS I think. Leah's 30-degree thoracic curve, for instance, bent out to around 10 degrees, but was still a structural curve. She was 8 at the time.

That's a good point. I think you are correct that the "<25*" is for adults and is essentially equivalent to some percent decrease in large structural curves which might be the actual metric. I don't know. Certainly most kids with lower than surgical range scoliosis could probably bend their curve to less than 25* so it would not apply. For example my one kid bent out a T55* to T 23* but still needed surgery. That is a 58% reduction by the way. The other kid could only bend out her T54* to a T31*. This brings up the issue of stiffness induced in brace that I have seen in print. The first kid who could bend out more never wore a brace and the second kid did this bending attempt after a year of night-time braces. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

king14
05-14-2012, 12:12 PM
I'd like to see what a number of these top guys think about your case.

How do i know if i'm going to the best? Can you name some of the best? I would be more than happy fly all over to see some of the best! ... Or at least send them my information to see what they say ... :)

king14
07-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I think we're supposed to post on an old thread instead of making a new one, so here goes:
Surgery has been scheduled for at least 2 months.. for September 10th. I was all set on doing it, even made a pre surgery bucket list. Yesterday I competed in tough mudder. for those of you who have no idea what i'm talking about its one of the hardest obstacle courses on the planet- 10mtn mile hike 20 obstacle courses put together by British special forces. intense stuff. 5.5 hours of pure adrenaline!!

I had so much fun I emailed my surgeon when I got home to make sure I'd be able to do this again some day...

Anyway - today My mother asked her back surgeon about my case and he said the following things about me:
how old is she?? and bauked at my age (29)
She is in NO pain ??? then laughed
has no obvious deformity, or breathing problems??
His answer - THEN why do it?

My answer - I'm doing in to "preserve my lumbar spine" which has gotten worse, even tho compensatory, and my thoracic has only mildy gotten worse. 56 over 53
Fusion from T4- L1 seems better than a "possible future" T4 to Sacrum

Her doc says if I fuse now, so young, than I will eventually fuse those lower levels anyway - so why not wait and fuse them later...

Whats worse? - discs rubbing away at each other (which is happening in my lumbar spine) or a fusion rubbing away at a disc?

Then I ask myself - considering I was able to not only compete in a tough mudder and do EVERY obstacle and I FEEL FINE today... am I rushing into surgery to prevent something from happeneing, but may be worse off after surgery????

Then I think i'd rather do it now, with little pain, and in great shape then to wait to look more deformed and do it later. I'm super super confused.

HELP!!!

Video link of what tough mudder is (one minute long)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5HdPM_QuE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

thanks for listening, and for opionions.

Pooka1
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
He welcome back!

Her doc says if I fuse now, so young, than I will eventually fuse those lower levels anyway - so why not wait and fuse them later...

This statement is false to my knowledge. I question whether this guys knows the research on scoliosis fusions. He might be generalizing from other types of cases.

There is at least one report where selective fusion of the thorax still had stable lumbars after a few decades and even with false doubles (i.e., still a curve left in the lumbar).

Staying above L3 or so is thought to be protective against needing any more distal fusion for kids. I am not sure about adults who wait on the fusion.

The higher you end up, the less chance of needing more distal fusion. The surgeon told my kid that she will not need any more surgery in her life because her fusion ended at L1.

If you wait and need to go to L3 or lower you will eventually lose the entire lumbar as I understand this. It could be a few years or more years. Boachie calls this a "countdown" for a reason.

It seems like you are looking at likely not needing any more than the one surgery or most likely needing a longer fusion and eventually to the sacrum. Only a surgeon can tell you though.

Please get an opinion from a top guy who is an expert in scoliosis fusions. I am betting he will directly contradict what that other surgeon told your mother. It is not enough to be an orthopedic surgeon who does a few spine cases a year. Please ask an SRS guy.

Good luck.

debbei
07-09-2012, 08:56 PM
I was amazed (and jealous) at the flexibility of your spine. You'll get a terrific correction.

I'm with Sharon--ask other experts, not just some run of the mill ortho. If you aren't 100% convinced that you are doing the right thing, I'd put it off. In that time, you could consult with experts. What is your location?

jrnyc
07-09-2012, 09:46 PM
why the hurry....?
any doubts...i would stop in my tracks and take a few more consults with a few
more top surgeons...just my opinion, that's all

what discs are rubbing where....?
you could not have done the obstacle course you did and be in pain...
again...what is the hurry....????

i just watched video today of Boachie from 2007...now he may well have changed
his mind in the last few years, but he went on about how no matter the size of the curve, if no
pain, he does not recommend surgery,...

i am not saying every surgeon agrees with him....just something to consider....

jess

Pooka1
07-09-2012, 09:53 PM
i just watched video today of Boachie from 2006...now he may well have changed
his mind in the last few years, but he went on about how no matter the size of the curve, if no
pain, he does not recommend surgery,...

i am not saying every surgeon agrees with him....just something to consider....

Jess,

That makes sense but I am not sure it applies to King14. Boachie evaluated her and told her he would her T4-L1 now to try and save as much of the lumbar spine as possible. He didn't tell her to wait.

jrnyc
07-09-2012, 09:58 PM
well, i know someone going to him for a follow up appt this summer...she is going
to ask him about the videos....they are availabe online...
the guy contradicts himself...
of course, i remember back when i saw him...he was still collapsing lungs to get
to the spine...doesnt do that anymore...
but i would be curious to see what Dr Lenke would say...
also...Linda is the one who always says the least satisfied after care patients
are the ones who started out without pain...
i do know the pain i am in...it would take A LOT to make mine worse...
i cannot imagine talking myself into surgery without pain....i haven't
done it with the pain....of couse, i am talking looong fusion to sacrum, too

i thought Dr B was Dr Bederman...
curious to see what Boachie will say when he is reminded about the videos...

jess

Pooka1
07-09-2012, 10:04 PM
well, i know someone going to him for a follow up appt this summer...she is going
to ask him about the videos....they are availabe online...
the guy contradicts himself...

No I think you are right that he probably tells most patients to wait if they are not in pain. But King14 is EXTREMELY unusual. Neither of her huge curves is structural.

Confusedmom
07-09-2012, 10:15 PM
King,
I'm sorry, I can't remember now. Do you have a lot of progression? If not, I would definitely hold off on surgery. You're young, healthy, pain free and cosmetically fine. Why not enjoy it without the risks?

I was also close to pain free, but chose to have surgery because my curves had gotten huge and were getting worse every year. Dr. Lenke said that in my case he wanted to fuse to the sacrum--even though my L5 disk was in good shape--because the curve had deformed some of the higher vertebrae. His feeling was if he stopped my fusion at L4 (apex of curve was L1, with listhesis at L3-4), I would be back in for a revision in 3-5 years because of lumbar pain. Yes, long fusions do put added pressure on the adjacent vertebrae, and they wear down over time. So, if I were you I would not want to got there until I absolutely had to. That said, I would keep getting x-rays every 6-12 months. If your lumbar curve starts to progress to the point where you would need to include more levels in a fusion, I would think about doing it then.

There are other factors to consider, of course. Are you planning to have children, and would you want to do that before or after surgery? Anyway, only you know what's right for you, but I certainly wouldn't rush into this. You could end up in more pain afterward. It's unlikely, but it's a risk.

Best wishes,
Evelyn

king14
07-09-2012, 10:41 PM
I was amazed (and jealous) at the flexibility of your spine. You'll get a terrific correction.

I'm with Sharon--ask other experts, not just some run of the mill ortho. If you aren't 100% convinced that you are doing the right thing, I'd put it off. In that time, you could consult with experts. What is your location?

Thank you!!

I'm in southern california

I'm not sure if I'm 100% convinced I'd say I'm about 90%

king14
07-09-2012, 10:58 PM
why the hurry....?
any doubts...i would stop in my tracks and take a few more consults with a few
more top surgeons...just my opinion, that's all

what discs are rubbing where....?

jess

Thanks for all the opinions its nice to hear from others who are in it with you (mom's included Pooka) :)

Discs rubbing -
(L2-L3) worse of the disc bulges (L4- L5) small bulge (L5-S1) disc bulge and degenerative disc ...

what's the hurry?? - I don't know.. When my discs originally slipped I couldn't walk- couldn't work for 3 weeks and was a lump on the couch. During that time, I Felt HORRIBLE. My back felt worse from laying around... So I just kinda told myself, if I'm gonna do this, i should do it now, because If I wait till I'm in pain (with discs or curves worsening) I'll be "mentally" worse off going into surgery...

It's Dr Bederman not Boachie. and i FULLY trust his opinion. He also showed my films to DR Serena Hu (in SF) and she agreed with the approach.
I saw Dr Akbarnia in SD
I saw Dr Daubs in Los Angeles

I feel like I have enough opinions - I just need to figure out my own opinion. - that's the hardest one-

Thank you EVERYONE - this forum really calms the nerves!!

susancook
07-10-2012, 12:18 AM
By the way, can you do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jutuEhkSnCU

Sally posted this a while ago and I have never forgotten it. :-)

I just looked at the video again...maybe if I could get into those shorts and cute top, I could bend like that? hahahahahahahahah
Susan

susancook
07-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for all the opinions its nice to hear from others who are in it with you (mom's included Pooka) :)

Discs rubbing -
(L2-L3) worse of the disc bulges (L4- L5) small bulge (L5-S1) disc bulge and degenerative disc ...

what's the hurry?? - I don't know.. When my discs originally slipped I couldn't walk- couldn't work for 3 weeks and was a lump on the couch. During that time, I Felt HORRIBLE. My back felt worse from laying around... So I just kinda told myself, if I'm gonna do this, i should do it now, because If I wait till I'm in pain (with discs or curves worsening) I'll be "mentally" worse off going into surgery...

It's Dr Bederman not Boachie. and i FULLY trust his opinion. He also showed my films to DR Serena Hu (in SF) and she agreed with the approach.
I saw Dr Akbarnia in SD
I saw Dr Daubs in Los Angeles

I feel like I have enough opinions - I just need to figure out my own opinion. - that's the hardest one-

Thank you EVERYONE - this forum really calms the nerves!!

Not giving you an opinion, just wishing you luck and freedom from pain.
Susan

titaniumed
07-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Discs rubbing -

Are you saying that you have verified herniationís at these levels?

What will happen to these in the future after a long fusion above? A good question to ask.

Ed

jrnyc
07-10-2012, 05:25 AM
king, i was under the impressioin you were not in any pain...
i am amazed you could participate in such a grueling activity...
the "mudder" sounds horrendous to me...but i am in constant pain...
you have my sympathy about the discs...mine have caused continuing
havoc well beyond when mine first herniated...
i thought you had no pain at all...

since you have good medical opinions, and seem to be aware of
all the pros and cons, it sounds to me as if you are mainly worried
about your post surgery abilities to continue to be so athletic...
perhaps if you had further discussions on that topic with the surgeon
you choose for your procedure, , you would be able to move forward with your decision....

best of luck with whatever you decide...

jess

Pooka1
07-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Sorry. Jess, you are right. I was wrong about the opinion to fuse the thorax now as coming from Boachie. It's Bederman. So Boachie can maintain his consistency on this point I guess. :-)

king14
07-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Susan - I appreciate everyones opinion. I meant I think I have enough "medical expert" opinons. But I value all of your input as you all have been there.

Ed - yes varified disc bulges - not fully herniated. According to Dr. Bederman - he thinks it will help them as the apex of my lumbar is at L2 and he thinks by fusing above it will relieve the compression on the one side thats bulging (yes will have pressure on the disc because of fusion, but shared by both sides equally)

Jess - I am in NO pain. I did extensive Hydrotherapy traction 6 days a weeks for a month and a half and had extensive stretches/exercises to help my discs. I do get nerve pain down the leg if I sit too long, but nothing compared to the initial pain of the bulge (level 8 at least) Now, it's more of an annoyance.

Now having heard some first hand accounts - I think i'm gonna simmer on this decision a bit. I still have time before September... But may push back a year and see how I progress..

Thank you everyone.

Irina
07-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi King,

I can totally relate - it is a hard decision to make, but you're saying you have nerve leg pain. Isn't it an indication that something is not right? What did your doctors say about leg pain? Would it increase with time or they don't know?

I am in a similar situation, but my TL curve is 70, I have some activity-based pain, but nothing terrible and my main complaint is discomfort from ribs rubbing against pelvis bone (which wasn't there even a year ago). It's hard to pull the plug now, but sitting and waiting until I am 50-60 and in worse pain doesn't make much sense either.

Please let us know what you decide and best of luck to you.

king14
07-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone I just wanted to say thank you for all your help, suggestions, personal encounters etc.

SO - I'm going to have surgery, and want to explain why if anyone is in my boat and is wishy washy.

-My levels of fusion are T4 to L1 (selective fusion) - if I wait longer I WILL be fused to L4 or L5 and I want to preserve as much of my spine as I can. (**if I had to be fused that low now, I would NOT be having the surgery, I would wait. because there would be nothing to gain by doing it now***)

- I've been progressing pretty quickly over the last 5 years

- I'm under 30 and my curves are both over 50, I personally don't want to wait to get "worse" before I do something about it. (Even tho I understand that is a totally safe approach)

- I have great insurance right now

- My mom is able to stay with me as long as I need her, and my husband was able to take off time for me as well

*** Most importantly - I feel good about it!! I know that for months afterwards I'll be saying "why??" but I know why. Because I have a disease and itís getting worse and Iíd like to be proactive. I am in great shape and I know that my recovery will be easier with me being in good health beforehand. I also have a pretty level head on my shoulders, and Iím not seeing surgery as the end of the world, Iím seeing it as the next step in my life. My spine's been pretty damn good to me, and now Iím giving it a chance to be straight!
I know those of you reading this are probably going "whoa she's in for it" but Iíve done my research, I've read the books, and seen the best. And I trust that this is where I'm supposed to be right now.... what's to come, is what's to come. :)

I'll post before the surgery and then keep you updated afterwards. Thanks for everything again!!! I'll be looking forward to adding my tough mudder video next year after surgery :)

Pooka1
07-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Hey King14,

I'm glad you made a decision that you are comfortable with. It sounds like the right thing. As Dr. Hey says, "A stitch in time saves nine."

You are still young and your spine is superflexible. I bet your lumbar straightens out completely after the T spine is straightened. Hopefully it will be one-stop shopping for back surgery for you.

Good luck.

Irina
07-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi King14,

Best of luck to you. You have a great attitude and I am sure you'll do great.

mabeckoff
07-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Glad to hear that you are going forward

Jenna.KB
07-17-2012, 04:30 AM
Just read the whole of this thread.

So pleased you've made your decision and your happy with it. My situation is different to yours but I'm having my surgery on 26th July! scared to death but I need it and need to take control of this so I'm doing it.

Good Luck x

debbei
07-17-2012, 06:26 AM
They sound like good reasons to me. I had my surgery when I did, maybe earlier than I would have wanted, for insurance reasons as well. Good luck.

golfnut
07-17-2012, 06:51 PM
King,
Everything you said makes so much sense. You have educated yourself and have a great attitude.

Jenna,
We were all scared to death. The recovery is not horrible for everyone. It wasn't easy, but my fears were so much worse.

titaniumed
07-17-2012, 08:57 PM
King

It sounds like you are ready and we support you in your decision.

When I set my date, I turned into a zombie. I went out and hit the hill pretty hard thinking that I might not ski again and boy did I ever crash hard! Broke my shoulder up pretty good, Iím amazed I didnít rip my arm off. This was about 10 days before my scoli surgeries so it might not be a bad idea to stay out of the mud. (smiley face)

Linda has lists on her site.....it doesnít mention anything about mud activities....he he
http://scoliosislinks.com/PostSurgActivities.htm

Ed

Confusedmom
07-18-2012, 07:31 AM
King,
Those are solid reasons. I didn't realize you'd had a lot of progression. If you can stop at L1 now, maybe you'll never have to go lower--which is KEY! Best wishes. I think you've got every chance of having this turn out with teenager-like results (read:fast & good).

Evelyn

king14
08-18-2012, 01:03 PM
No need to respond, this is kinda like my outlet... exactly 30 days away!!
Had my first Pre-op! check - 2 more to go.
Lots of things to keep me occupied before surgery, LEave for Maui in 3 days, SIsters wedding in 5 days, Baby shower at my house in two weeks, dance party labor day weekend (just in case I dance a little different afterwards) ... and then POOF surgery time!!!
Made my list: Foam mattress 4 inch thick, miralax, pillows, etc etc...
Workout everyday, walk everyday, stretch everyday.... LET's DO this!!!

Irina
08-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Have a great time in Maui! My friend just returned from there and she loved it.

king14
09-17-2012, 11:50 AM
This is it!! Surgery tomorrow. I can tell you that I haven't been all positive and roses like my previous posts but for the most part i'm excited about it. I just started to get nervous yesterday... at night i'm nervous, during the day i'm fine! At night i'm one more day closer to "the day!"
I'll have my hubby update you on the progress! Thanks for everything thus far, this forum is a lifesaver!!
See ya on the flipside!

tae_tap
09-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Will be praying for you and the surgeon! Also, prayers for a quick recovery!

Tamena

Irina
09-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Best of luck to you!

rajma
09-17-2012, 01:50 PM
This is it!! Surgery tomorrow. I can tell you that I haven't been all positive and roses like my previous posts but for the most part i'm excited about it. I just started to get nervous yesterday... at night i'm nervous, during the day i'm fine! At night i'm one more day closer to "the day!"
I'll have my hubby update you on the progress! Thanks for everything thus far, this forum is a lifesaver!!
See ya on the flipside!
Good luck, you will be fine. I am in my fifth week post surgery, first three weeks are rough but it gets better.

Rajma

mabeckoff
09-17-2012, 02:02 PM
I sent you a Email

You will do fine