flying post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flying post op

Hello all! I will be having surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Lenke (Oct. 2012). My question is for patients who have flown home after surgery. How was it? What did you do to ease pain? How was your pain level while at airport, going through security, waiting, etc.? How many days post op were you and what would you suggest to make the trip home easier and safer? Thanks for your input!

Heidi
    Last edited by hasteffen; 04-25-2012, 09:12 PM.
    Scheduled for surgery with Dr. Lenke Oct. 2012
    53*T 71*L
    Surgery 10/05/2012 T4-pelvis
    Correction: looks perfect! Will find out how perfect at future appointments

I never had surgery so I don't know but I asked surgeons this question before. Were you suggested to stay in St Louis for a week or longer post op for a check up? I was told flying should be fine 2 weeks after.. that what was I was planning on doing..
    29 years old Female
    45 Degrees Lumbar Scoliosis T12-L4

Comment

Originally posted by hasteffen View Post
      Hello all! I will be having surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Lenke (Oct. 2012). My question is for patients who have flown home after surgery. How was it? What did you do to ease pain? How was your pain level while at airport, going through security, waiting, etc.? How many days post op were you and what would you suggest to make the trip home easier and safer? Thanks for your input!

Heidi
      Hi Heidi

Are there direct flights from your area to STL? I think that played a part in some of the travel plans for those who flew/drove home postop.

Warmly
      Doreen
      44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
      Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
      2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am going to fly direct into Charlotte and then rest, possibly stay overnight before driving the rest of the way home(about 1 1/2 hours). We are planning on booking first class to allow me a little more room.
        Scheduled for surgery with Dr. Lenke Oct. 2012
        53*T 71*L
        Surgery 10/05/2012 T4-pelvis
        Correction: looks perfect! Will find out how perfect at future appointments

Comment

Working...
        X