Dr. leaving town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. leaving town

I'm scheduled for my surgery on a Monday and my Dr. has to leave town on that Friday and Saturday. He didn't want to schedule for that week, unless I was aware and ok with this. He will have his spine associates taking care of me while he's gone. Any opinions on this?
    Tiny

i think your dr. was very considerate to mention this...my dr.'s associates popped in on me all the time and, even though i'd never met them, i was fine with seeing them in place of my doctor. now that i think back on it, my care seemed to be a team effort...ask to meet your dr.'s associates if it would make you feel more secure...
    Sue

Milwaukee Brace from ages 8 - 16
    T36 degrees/L56 degrees Pre-Op
    Fused T3 - S1
    Surgery done Sept. 15, 2004
    Dr. Robert G. Viere
    North Texas Spine Care @ Baylor

Comment

If you have your surgery done at a teaching hospital, the person in charge of your care while in the hospital will usually be a senior resident or fellow.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X