PDA

View Full Version : Im loosing my voice after surgery...help me please!!!:(

Roxjanine
04-16-2012, 09:19 AM
A couple weeks after surgery my voice was still on the weak side then around 4 weeks, I started to get a sharp pain when I talked and my voice would go in and out. Now at 10 weeks, my voice is hoarse and goes in and out all day long. It sounds like I'm going through puberty and sometimes no sound comes out when I talk. I think I have scar tissue from being intubated during and after surgery (I couldn't breathe so they put a tube down my throat) I'm scheduled to see an ENT May 18, but I return to work April 30th and need to be able to talk all day. Has anyone experienced this? Can it go away on its own? Is getting worse a sign that its getting better??:/

rohrer01
04-16-2012, 03:13 PM
I have only had a sore throat after being intubated. I will say that when I get under a lot of stress I tend to lose my voice. I hope you find solution soon.

Take Care
Rohrer01

jrnyc
04-16-2012, 05:03 PM
maybe an ear, nose and throat doctor could tell you what is going on, after an exam....?
do you have a doc who will refer you...?
hope you feel better...

jess

Pooka1
04-16-2012, 05:27 PM
I saw a case on one of the ER TV shows about having to intubate a girl who wanted to be a singer. It was her life or her singing voice. I don't think it was her life or her voice period but I certainly wouldn't know.

Good luck.

titaniumed
04-16-2012, 08:19 PM
I also have a very hoarse voice....depends on how much I have to talk.....and yes, it is worse after my surgeries.

Junosand is a retired ENT Doctor....you might pm him.....see what he says. He was fused about 2 years ago.

Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Ed