5 weeks post op and anemia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 weeks post op and anemia

Hi.guys. im now 5 weeks post op. Im off all meds except tylenol and i had to start taking nexium for my stomach cause aall the.meds before were cause me to have issues. When i went to my gp about my stomach she had me do a blood test and they found out that i was pretty anemic. I was anemic in the hospital right after my op but i guess that is to be expected and my levels went up before i left. I never had problems with this before surgery. The dr. And my surgeons office dont seem too worried about it and say its common but even after 5 weeks? Ive searched on the forum about this and see some comments but i didnt see follow up to see if it resolved. My nerves are a wreck and im paranoid about everything lol. Im tired but i just figured it was just normal post surgery tired. My appetite is not whT it used to be either Nx im tryong to force myzelf to eat more stuff esp rich in iron and take supplements. Any input is appreciated
    30 y.o female, very active, considering surgery
    08/03/11 - 54 degrees
    06/2004 - 33 degrees
    Don't like hospitals

Originally posted by patty22 View Post
    Hi.guys. im now 5 weeks post op. Im off all meds except tylenol and i had to start taking nexium for my stomach cause aall the.meds before were cause me to have issues. When i went to my gp about my stomach she had me do a blood test and they found out that i was pretty anemic. I was anemic in the hospital right after my op but i guess that is to be expected and my levels went up before i left. I never had problems with this before surgery. The dr. And my surgeons office dont seem too worried about it and say its common but even after 5 weeks? Ive searched on the forum about this and see some comments but i didnt see follow up to see if it resolved. My nerves are a wreck and im paranoid about everything lol. Im tired but i just figured it was just normal post surgery tired. My appetite is not whT it used to be either Nx im tryong to force myzelf to eat more stuff esp rich in iron and take supplements. Any input is appreciated
    My blood was tested this week as well. My gp said I was anemic as well, and said its completely normal. I am 4 weeks post op today. My appetite is also terrible. I post 10 lb since surgery. I bought high caloric protein bars this week to snack on during the day between my meals which I heard helps you gain weight. Hope you feel better soon!
    Thoracic curve approx 62 degrees,
    Lower curve of approx 38 degrees
    27 years old
    http://pennstatehershey.org/findaprovider/provider/1507
    Scheduled for Spinal Fusion 2/2/2012
    T2-L2 or L3
    Engaged to be married on 4.6.2013!

Comment

Working...
    X