PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks post op, left side of face numb, going to dr tomorrow....worried!

Roxjanine
02-27-2012, 04:27 PM
The left side of my face went numb yesterday after sitting in my recliner yesterday and it has been numb/ tingling ever since. I called the surgeons office and he was very concerned because I am young and should not have these symptoms. He wants me to be seen by my primary care Dr tomorrow or go to the ER. He was nervous that I was having stroke symptoms... has anyone had numbness in their face so soon after surgery???

golfnut
02-27-2012, 08:49 PM
I will be thinking of you. Let us know what you find out tomorrow.

Confusedmom
02-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Rox,

I don't think you should be taking any chances. If your surgeon thinks you have stroke symptoms, get yourself to the ER!!! Hopefully it's just a pinched nerve or anxiety, but best to make sure. Keep us posted.

Evelyn

mabeckoff
02-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Rox,

I don't think you should be taking any chances. If your surgeon thinks you have stroke symptoms, get yourself to the ER!!! Hopefully it's just a pinched nerve or anxiety, but best to make sure. Keep us posted.

Evelyn

I agree with Evelyn. It is better to be safe than sorry. Please let us know what happened

Roxjanine
02-28-2012, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=mabeckoff;136067]I agree with Evelyn. It is better to be safe than sorry. Please let us know what happened[/QUOTE

My primary care Dr had no idea what caused my head/face to fall asleep. She called my surgeon who said he was going to move up my next post op appt. Good news, my numbness subsided today, so that is a good sign. If it comes back again, ill have to get an mri of my brain.

If anyone has ever experienced anything like this, PLEASE comment. It would really help me to hear from you.

titaniumed
02-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Rox

Its good news that this has subsided.....sounded like Bellís palsy, but I have no idea. Best to go in and see your doctor.

Hang in there
Ed

rohrer01
02-28-2012, 10:12 PM
I've had numbness in connection with migraine. I also had one-sided numbness after receiving too much lidocaine. There are many reasons for numbness. I think I would go with the scan anyway just to make sure you aren't having TIA's (mini-strokes). These things are treatable. Please be careful. You are so young and it's better to be safe than sorry. Gentle ((((hugs))))
Rohrer01

Confusedmom
02-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Bells palsy does cause that. And I have had it strictly from anxiety. I hope it never recurs. But if it does, I would get it checked out. If it is a mini stroke, medicine can prevent major damage (or any damage, in some cases). I have a friend who had a stroke in her 30s from birth control pills. It happens, and damage can be prevented if you act quickly. Best wishes!

Evelyn

jrnyc
03-01-2012, 04:25 AM
i am wondering what laying face down for many hours does to nerves in
the face and neck....??

Lyme can cause Bell's Palsy...not saying that applies to anyone here,
just saying it can be a cause.

Rox, i hope it goes away completely and does not return....

jess

Lilysaidwhat
03-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I, too, thought of Bell's palsy when I read the symptoms. And at such a stressful time, I can see how that could happen.

Feel better!!!

rockycarm
03-07-2012, 08:28 PM
The left side of my face went numb yesterday after sitting in my recliner yesterday and it has been numb/ tingling ever since. I called the surgeons office and he was very concerned because I am young and should not have these symptoms. He wants me to be seen by my primary care Dr tomorrow or go to the ER. He was nervous that I was having stroke symptoms... has anyone had numbness in their face so soon after surgery???

Gosh, sorry to hear that. Will keep you in my prayers. Let us know how you are doing.

Roxjanine
03-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Well I had my 6 week post op and all is well! I am allowed to drive short distances since I have been off pain killers for the last 5 days. My pain is only when I over do it or when I sit for too long. Thank you all for all your help!

golfnut
03-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Sounds like you are doing well! It keeps getting better!

mabeckoff
03-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Glad to hear that you are doing well