PDA

View Full Version : Five-week Post-Op Report

timetofaceit
02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Saw Dr. Whitaker yesterday for a 5-week check-up. Rods and screws still in place where they need to be. I'm to continue wearing the TLSO brace all the time (except showering and when laying down in bed) for another six weeks and then we will discuss beginning to wean myself off. I can begin to use the treadmill, can drive, can resume work (I work only mornings and it's a sedentary job), and can swim. Basically, I am to listen to my body --- if it hurts, don't do it. I've been walking between 1-2.5 miles per day. Feeling really good --- still using 3 Lortab and 3 Flexeril each day. Need to begin weaning off that.

I'm so grateful for how well my recovery has gone. Thanks for all your encouraging words! Thanks most of all for your prayers --- Our God is an Awesome God!

loves to skate
02-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Sheree, It sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work.
Sally

JenniferG
02-16-2012, 07:22 PM
That's an excellent report for so early out. Keep up the good work, I'm sure that walking helps. Best of luck!

Jen

golfnut
02-16-2012, 09:10 PM
You are doing so well! Congratulations!

Spring72
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Wow! That is great that you are doing so well, and here I thought I was doing well before my setback lol So happy for you, being able to get back to 'real life' so soon! It is encouraging for me.

Take care,
Spring

jeneemohler
02-18-2012, 01:38 AM
You are doing great! And you will only improve more as time goes by. It gets better and better. Congratulations- and keep up the good work!

mabeckoff
02-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Glad to hear that you are doing so well and hope that you continue to heal

rockycarm
02-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Saw Dr. Whitaker yesterday for a 5-week check-up. Rods and screws still in place where they need to be. I'm to continue wearing the TLSO brace all the time (except showering and when laying down in bed) for another six weeks and then we will discuss beginning to wean myself off. I can begin to use the treadmill, can drive, can resume work (I work only mornings and it's a sedentary job), and can swim. Basically, I am to listen to my body --- if it hurts, don't do it. I've been walking between 1-2.5 miles per day. Feeling really good --- still using 3 Lortab and 3 Flexeril each day. Need to begin weaning off that.

I'm so grateful for how well my recovery has gone. Thanks for all your encouraging words! Thanks most of all for your prayers --- Our God is an Awesome God!

Thanks for such uplifting news. Surgery scheduled for May 16th and am very interested to see how everyone does when coming home. I hope my recovery goes as well as yours. All the best to you with your continued healing!

debbei
02-19-2012, 06:15 PM
great news, keep up the good work!

mabeckoff
02-20-2012, 10:44 AM
glad to hear that everything is going so well