PDA

View Full Version : Big News!

peachrush7
02-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't have a lot of time to type, but just wanted to let you all in on my joy...we just adopted a little boy last Friday! It has all happened so fast, I am still spinning with joy and happiness!

I wanted to note, he is almost 10lbs, and carrying him around is NO problem. I feel so strong, and my back/leg haven't been any worse since he arrived, which was one of my biggest fears when it came to being a Mom. As long as I hold him close to my body when I carry him, I don't notice any discomfort. I am being careful not to bend or twist (since I'm not fused to S1) but I know it will get harder as he grows.

Anyway...will keep you posted on how the back does under this new development!

Thanks for all your support when I shared our sad adoption failure with you. It really meant a lot to have you all lift me up that way. Crazy that only a month later we got the baby that was meant for us!

Blessings!

mabeckoff
02-15-2012, 01:35 PM
What wonderful news you shared with us.

Enjoy your new baby

What is his name?

Can you post pictures?

loves to skate
02-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Rebecca,
I am so happy for you. The joy that a little baby brings is wonderful. When I saw my adopted son for the first time, it was instant motherly love. Ten pounds, wow, what a place to start lifting weights. As he grows and is cruising on the floor and you need to pick him up, make sure you get down on one knee and lift him to your chest before getting up. That way, you can keep your back straight when you pick him up. Give him a kiss from me and yes, you need to post some photos.
God Bless your new little one, Sally

JenniferG
02-15-2012, 02:56 PM
That's wonderful news! Congratulations and best wishes for the happiest of family life!

walkingmom
02-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Rebecca,

Congratulations as you enter the world of motherhood! That is such wonderful news!
Donna

rohrer01
02-15-2012, 04:31 PM
This is such great news!! Wow, 10 lbs. Is he newborn? If so, he's quite the chunk. I have a great nephew that was over 11 lbs at birth. I'm so happy for you and your new family!

leahdragonfly
02-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Dear Rebecca,

Congratulations on your wonderful, happy news! There is nothing in the world like being a mother! Enjoy these baby days, because believe it or not, they go by so fast.

What's his name?

Take care and thanks so much for sharing!

debbei
02-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Congratulations and enjoy your little boy!!

KathK
02-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah!!!! Congratulation!!!! Treasure this time! We had very little notice with our daughter's adoption also (18 hours notice) and it was the most magical time of my life!

Wonderful, wonderful news!

rockycarm
02-15-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't have a lot of time to type, but just wanted to let you all in on my joy...we just adopted a little boy last Friday! It has all happened so fast, I am still spinning with joy and happiness!

I wanted to note, he is almost 10lbs, and carrying him around is NO problem. I feel so strong, and my back/leg haven't been any worse since he arrived, which was one of my biggest fears when it came to being a Mom. As long as I hold him close to my body when I carry him, I don't notice any discomfort. I am being careful not to bend or twist (since I'm not fused to S1) but I know it will get harder as he grows.

Anyway...will keep you posted on how the back does under this new development!

Thanks for all your support when I shared our sad adoption failure with you. It really meant a lot to have you all lift me up that way. Crazy that only a month later we got the baby that was meant for us!

Blessings!

Congratulations to you all!

ADMoul
02-15-2012, 07:11 PM
How wonderful for you! Congratulations!! Isn't it awesome to be able to share non-scoliosis news with forum friends?! My best to you and your family.

Doodles
02-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Rebecca--
I've had a smile on my face since I read your post and the wonderful news! I'm sure you are on cloud nine! Congratulations and Best Wishes to your family. Janet

Confusedmom
02-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Congratulations, Rebecca! That is wonderful news. Pretty soon that little bundle of joy will have you forgetting all about your back!

Best,
Evelyn

jeneemohler
02-15-2012, 10:47 PM
That is SOOO SWEET!!!!! Motherhood is amazing, and I am happy to have you join THIS group on the other side!!! Congrats and best wishes for you and your new son.

Singer
02-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Wow, that was fast!! When it's meant to be, it happens...congratulations!!

backissues
02-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Congratulations!! Enjoy every minute because babies grow quickly. It is wonderful to read good news like this and know that your body is strong and you can concentrate on your new baby.

Here's a toast to you and your expanded family!!

Irene

Lilysaidwhat
02-18-2012, 08:59 PM
How wonderful! Congratulations :)

golfnut
02-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Rebecca,
Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful news! I can't imagine how excited you and your husband are with this new bundle of joy.

djkinkead
02-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Congratulations! Good job on getting a baby you can lift! :-)

Best wishes for a wonderful life together!

peachrush7
03-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks so much for all the kind words! It has been an amazing few weeks, and we are settling in very nicely together as a family of 3 humans and 1 dog =)

I don't have much time to type, so please visit my blog if you want to read about how we adopted baby Jude! http://herscoliosisjourney.blogspot.com/

Blessings!

mabeckoff
03-07-2012, 08:30 AM
I am so happy for both you and your husband. Enjoy this time with Jude as it will pass all too quickly. He is a beautiful child. God has blessed you all. As a adopted person myself, I think that it is a wonderful way to make a family

leahdragonfly
03-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Dear Rebecca,

Thanks for sharing that beautiful story about how you came to adopt Jude. He is a very pretty baby, what a precious smile! I am glad you are all happy and doing so well.

LindaRacine
03-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Rebecca...

What a great story. Congratulations and best wishes for health and happiness always.

--Linda

Singer
03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Jude is adorable and your story is remarkable -- but then, all adoption stories are. Best wishes!

Doodles
03-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh, he is adorable. What a sweet little smile. So happy for you both! Janet

rohrer01
03-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Rebecca & Family,
Your story is truly amazing. Those laws that allow for infant drop offs are literally lifesavers for these little miracles. I'm so glad that you got your little boy. I would spend my time kissing and holding him as much as I could, too! You are a beautiful family. Of course, we can't see baby Jude's little face, which is okay. I'm sure it's as cute as the rest of him. You can tell that he's a little chunk and the foster family that had him for that three weeks took excellent care of him. My sister does foster care and she got a little baby that went to a previous foster as a newborn before my sister, and they didn't feed her, so she only weighed little more than her birthweight at 6 weeks. It was very sad, but she's healthy now! As sad as some of these situations are, it is SO nice to hear and see happy endings or should I say beginnings as in your case. You can see the look of pure joy and esctasy on you and hubby's faces with that little baby. I'm sure he landed right where he belongs! And, yes, thank you to his birth mom for allowing him to live and have such good parents. I'm sure she would be happy to see him loved so much! Little did you know that during all your sadness, this joy was already in the works and they just couldn't tell you...

Doreen1
03-07-2012, 05:50 PM
What a blessing, Rebecca! I was adopted when I was 10 days old and thank God Mom and Dad "picked" me. Aren't you in Orlando? We'll be there in July, perhaps we can get together?

Warmly,
Doreen