Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another alternative to post surgery constipation

Hello,

Had some friends over to the house last night, one of them is a nurse who just went through surgery (not spinal) and we somehow got on the topic of surgery, pain meds and the inability to output while on major pain meds.

She mentioned there is a tea, it is called Smooth Movin. She found it at CVS in the laxative section. She said it worked better than any laxative she had tried. It tastes like licorice, so if you don't like that flavor, this might not be a solution.

Just thought I'd post this as a possibility for someone looking at surgery in the near future.

It's been almost six months post surgery for me. I am getting more agile. Can deep knee bend to unload bottom tray of dishwasher. Getting back up from a deep knee bend is still tough and I am sure I do not look graceful. Oh well, I can get up, it's just not really easy.

Still using pillows. I hope that need will go away. I am wondering if this is the case in that I still have a rib hump and before it seemed my spine would give a bit--now with the rods, there is no give. I guess only time will tell.

Anyway, wanted people to know about the tea.
    Discovered scoliosis when 15 years old.
    Wore Milwaulkee Brace for 1.5 years.
    Top curve 85 degrees, bottom curve 60 degrees

Surgery completed August 23, 2011 (during an earthquake, can you believe that?)
    Dr. Charles Edwards, II
    The Spine Center at Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, MD
    Before and after xrays:
    http://www.valley-designs.com/myspine

I tried it after my surgery last year, and I couldn't tell that it actually made any difference. But, some of our patients swear by it.

I think that the one thing we've discovered here, is that nothing works for everyone. Someday, someone should go through all the CONSTIPATION posts and put together a complete list of recommendations.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X