Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost 2 years and feeling FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 2 years and feeling FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I really can't believe it's been 2 years. I'm feeling better than ever. When I read the current posts all the memories come flooding back. But just like childbirth you forget what you went through (almost!). HA! I just wanted to say to anyone contemplating surgery, that it was the best decision I ever made - even though it took me several years to make it. I have NO back pain, and I feel wonderful. I have a spectacular surgeon to thank for that (Dr. Pashman, Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles)!
    Pre-op thorasic curve of 50 degrees reduced to 18 degrees!! 8 years later Hardware removed...

That is so great! So glad it worked so well for you!
    Mom of 14yo son diagnosed Oct 2011
    Surgery 1/3/12 w Dr. Geof Cronen,
    Tampa General Hospital T3 to L1
    Jacob's pre surg curves: T58 & L31 12/28/11
    photos & xrays in "First-Time Surgery" thread "Before & After"

Comment

Good to hear it, congratulations. I hope one day, all scoli patients will have such a great outcome.

As for remembering....I have a friend from the Australian Scoli forum who had her surgery on Tuesday. She emails me from the hosptial and it's brought back a lot of memories: the uncomfortable bed, the squirmy stomach, the feeling of faintness the first time they get you up, the discomfort of sitting etc. She has a numb left leg and can't stand on it. I have everything crossed it's temporary and not serious.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Asha,

Thanks for posting your experience. It's nice to hear you have a very good outcome and are pain free! Medicine has come a LONG way in recent years, especially for scoli surgeries.

Take Care.
        Rohrer01
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

Hi,

What great news-you must be feeling wonderful!

Im 15mths post op and would be interested to know how you felt at this stage?
          I have a 'pressure' pain in the middle of my back which is really the only thing that bothers me, I am worried because my surgeon has suggested if its still a problem at 2yrs post op he would consider removing the metalwork or some protruding screws I have as they could be the cause.Im fused T2-L4.
          I just pray with every passing month that it will ease.

Was this ever a problem for you?
          Fused T2-L4 with costoplasty on 3/11/10

Comment

Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary and on doing so well. I am a year post-op and feeling great, but, like you, when I read the posts from those contemplating surgery or those going through the early stages of recovery, it brings back memories and makes me so happy to be where I am now. Thanks for posting!
            Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
            Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
            70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
            Rib Hump-GONE!
            Age-60 at the time of surgery
            Now 66
            Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
            Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
            Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
            Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
            tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
            http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Working...
            X