PDA

View Full Version : 4,days post op!,

Roxjanine
02-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm super sore and tight, but im doing well. Swelling after surgery caused me to have a respirator over night in icu bit it was removed early afternoon the next day. Very constipated despite all the pre planning I did to prevent this, but I am.now taking colace. I hope to be released Wednesday I hope.

GOE
02-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Hello Roxijanine -

Great to hear from you on the other side. Here's to a speedy recovery and a new straight back !

Pooka1
02-06-2012, 07:16 PM
You did it! Glad to hear from you. :-)

LSKOCH5
02-06-2012, 07:30 PM
On the road to recovery! So glad you've had the surgery! New year, new back.

titaniumed
02-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Rox

You did it! You hang in there, your going to be fine.

Ed

Confusedmom
02-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Rox Rocks!!! Glad you made it through.

:),
Evelyn

Doodles
02-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Wonderful! So glad you are here on the other side. Have a good steady recovery. Janet

golfnut
02-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. I hope you have a smooth recovery.

JenniferG
02-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Congratulations Roxjanine, you did it! Hope all goes smoothly and it's not long before you're enjoying dressing that long, lean, new body!

rohrer01
02-07-2012, 12:20 AM
It's good to hear that you are doing well aside from the tummy issues. Have they taken your post-op x-rays yet? Have you walked and how does that feel? I've heard from a relative of mine that she felt very strange getting up the first time, as her center of balance had changed. Sorry for the questions so early. I have not had surgery, so am curious about everything. I hope you continue to have a smooth recovery and hopefully get to go home on Wednesday as you would like.

Take Care,
Rohrer01

Roxjanine
02-07-2012, 04:22 AM
It's good to hear that you are doing well aside from the tummy issues. Have they taken your post-op x-rays yet? Have you walked and how does that feel? I've heard from a relative of mine that she felt very strange getting up the first time, as her center of balance had changed. Sorry for the questions so early. I have not had surgery, so am curious about everything. I hope you continue to have a smooth recovery and hopefully get to go home on Wednesday as you would like.

Take Care,
Rohrer01

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!! I feel very tight from the top of my back to the bottom lower back. My muscles need to figure out where to go now and readjust. My legs feel normal but I walk really slow due to my tight back. I feel heavy when I stand up at.first, like I when stepping out of a pool with all my clothes on. My arms hurt sometimes depending how I move them...the muscle that attaches the shoulder to neck is super tight so there is some sort of weakness/pain when I reach to grab things.

My surgeon said I can start taking chlorella/green algae so I hopes this will help me be "regular" again and have more energy. Still haven't seen my x rays nor do I know how much taller I am....I'm guessing close to 2 inches I'm going to talk to my surgeon today and get my answers

Roxjanine
02-07-2012, 04:26 AM
I will update this soon

http://everythingwillbejustspine.blogspot.com/2012/01/first-blog-post.html

djkinkead
02-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi Roxijanine,

Welcome to the other side! As you get out more and more, you'll notice things are "shorter" than they used to be. :-) I remember going into my office for the first time at work and thought, my desk is so short.

Hope you get all of your digestive issues solved very soon--they aren't fun.

Although the pain pills will help, remember you'll be healing for quite a while. It's okay to rest...that's your job right now.

Roxjanine
02-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the encouragment! My biggest pain right now is that I can't find a good chair to sit on, I can't get comfortable lying down either. I just want to have some sort of relief. I had a bad reaction to Flexerel, it actually made me tighter and caused more pain. I know things will get better, but I'm just frustrated that I can't sit or lie down comfortablely :(

leahdragonfly
02-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the other side! It sounds like you're doing great so far.

You will probably need a laxative of some sort in addition to the colace. I am around 10 days post-op, and taking Miralax and Senokot along with colace each day. The combo is just right.

Thanks for keeping us updating,

kennedy
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Roxijanine welcome to the orther side