PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

timetofaceit
01-18-2012, 11:30 AM
This being plugged up is not fun at all. I've taken miralax every day, prune juice, stool softeners. nothing is helping. Just downed a bottle of mag citrate --- hoping for some results that way. I've been walking and drinking tons of water. any other suggestions? Pain level is very manageable --- hardly any pain at all.

Marina63
01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
I found that the less medicine I took, the better. Are you still taking the narcotics? If your pain level is low, try to take less.

walkingmom
01-18-2012, 12:13 PM
I found it took a couple of times with the magnesium citrate. I also drank hot green & white tea which served as a laxative for me. Plus eating prunes was better for me than drinking prune juice. Hope you get relief soon. Constipation is no fun!
Donna

golfnut
01-18-2012, 04:42 PM
For me, the constipation issues totally overshadowed any back pain that I had. The magnesium citrate helped. I only used it once but continued with stool softeners, laxatives, hot plum juice, Fiber One, etc. Once I got off the pain meds, everything improved, however, I know the doctors want your back pain under control so that you feel like walking. Good luck! I know what you're going through!

scooter950
01-19-2012, 07:32 PM
For immediate relief: milk of Magnesia, works within hours/

For long term prevention: in my opinion: fiber.
I take Fiber pills from Walmart, they are cheap approx $4.00 a bottle, and it works. Not fast, it's not a laxative but taking fiber daily WILL prevent future constipation- just don't take fiber within a nhour of taking prescription medicine, the fiber may interfere with absorption of meds.

Best of luck, hope you feel relief soon. Jamie

timetofaceit
01-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for all your advice! Certainly appreciate it! Yesterday everything broke loose --- Hallelujah! Felt so much better. Still trying to figure out routine.
Has anyone on here struggled with a dry, cotton mouth? Think it's related to the meds, but it's been particularly irritating the last several days.

Sheree

golfnut
01-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Sheree,
I had a horrible time with dry mouth and nothing seemed to help. I am fairly certain it is caused bt
Y the pain medications.

jeneemohler
01-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Same here....I would wake up all through the night with cotton mouth and drank tons of water. Keep a bottle by your bed and be careful when you get up at night to use the restroom after all that water!