View Full Version : New Surgical Procedure?

01-05-2005, 07:48 PM
I briefly heard about a new surgery where they go through the side that is much less invasive and has a quicker recovery time. Unfortunately, I didn't hear all of the details. Can someone tell me what the procedure is called so I can research it? I might be having surgery soon, so any info anyone can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

01-05-2005, 11:22 PM
It's called minimally invasive. More info can be found at http://www.iscoliosis.com I believe. It's done through the side like anterior surgeries, but the cuts are smaller.
It's supposed to be easier to heal up from than the other approaches, but also works best on flexible curves that are rather on the smallish end of the surgery scale...