I can't eat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't eat!

Hi everyone! I am new to this site and I have a question.

I have had my boston brace for almost 3 months now. Whenever I go to school and its time for lunch, I cant eat. I find myself not hungry and I get stomach cramps. Then, when I go to gym (two periods after lunch) and I take off my brace, the cramps go away instantly. As soon as I undo all three straps, I bust out of it. Then I find myself hungry. Now Im starting to notice that I am slimming out a little because I cannot eat at lunch. When I am home for dinner, I will take off my brace so I can eat. I am already very skinny to begin with so I do not need to lose any more weight. In fact, I am almost trying to gain weight! Does anyone have the same problem as me or something similar? Or even an opinion on what to do about it?

Thanks!

:+: Lauren :+:
    upper curve-- 25
    lower curve-- 36
    age 12, Pennsylvania

Hi my name is Rebecca!
    I'm 14 and I know what you mean. You may have your brace too tight, because I don't get cramps and I'm always hungry for lunch, but I cant eat as much as I used to be able to. My doctor tells me to loosen the top two straps before eating. Personaly, that doesn't really help me, but it may help you. If this continues, you may want to check with your doctor and see what he recomends.!
    my email is art2cool@yahoo.com contact me if you'd like to just put can't eat because of brace (or something like it) in the subject bar if you contact me!
    REBECCA
    ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
    I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
    I went through 3 Boston Braces
    Original curve~34*
    Curve in 1st Brace~9*
    Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
    Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
    Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

I was always hiungry in the brace I just couldn't eat because I would feel sick or would get cramps. Then it would feel fine when I took the brace off. I lost a lot of weight in my brace so you aren't alone!
      ~*Lauren*~
      Braced for 5 months
      Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
      Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
      Surgery on April 26th 2005
      Fused from T3-L4
      Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

Working...
      X