Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schroth opportunity for 1 or 2 "watch and wait" adolescents

Hi,
    I participated on the forum as the mom of a teen (and later, young adult) with scoliosis until 2009. I'm also a PT and stopped posting after I was trained as a Schroth therapist, but thought a parent might be interested in this opportunity now. The hospital where I work finally approved a group Schroth pilot program for 3 adolescents which will be held M-F, 12/26/11-1/6/12, ~9 a.m.-12 p.m.. I thought it would be easy to find 3 local kids to participate in a free 10 day program, but I only have 1, possibly 2, committed as of today. Participants will need to manage housing and food on their own (though I have suggestions), but there will be no program fees. If successful, the hospital may run several programs a year for local teens beginning next summer. If your child fits these criteria and you are interested, please contact me.
    Ideal project candidate:
    11-14 years old, Cobb angle of primary curve= 15-40 degrees, Risser score < or = 4, no previous Schroth treatment, braces are fine, child must be able to transfer easily from standing to the floor, and be able to grasp somewhat abstract concepts (like learning to direct breathing).

Thank you!

Jennie Maynard, P.T., Chelsea Community Hospital, Chelsea, MI 48118, jennie.maynard@gmail.com

11/28 Addendum: Lots of views but no replies. May be doing 30 hours of free P.T. for the only candidate I have,,,
    Last edited by chelseaPT; 11-28-2011, 08:10 AM. Reason: an addendum
Working...
X