Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-op on Nov 16th

Hello fellow Scolis,

I will be in St. Louis Mo on Nov 16th to see Dr. Lenke for my pre-op appt at 10:40am, anyone else have an appt there that day? I have yet to meet someone who has had this surgery, it would be so awesome to run into someone from this forum. Surgery is Jan 9th, it is coming soon and I am really stressing...just want to be on the otherside. I don't post often but I do read posts as much as I can, it is comforting to know that there are people out there that really do 'get it'.

Take care,
    Spring
    42 yrs old
    Milwaukee braced 1983 to 1989
    was told my curves would never progress
    at 19yrs old 1991, T30-L38
    2010, T38-L56--progression in one year 2011, T40-L67
    new diagnosis-kyphoscoliosis, DDD, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, 73 degree Kyphosis
    Surgery 1-09-12....10 hrs all posterior T4-sacrum & 2 cages
    Dr. Lenke-St. Louis Mo.
    Surgery to clean out infection 2-10-12
    Revision for broken rods 1-23-14

Spring,
    You have one of the very best scoliosis surgeons in the country, which I'm sure you know. I was on about the same schedule as you a year ago-pre-op tests on Nov. 17 & surgery on Jan. 5. I keep reflecting back about how terrified I was a year ago at this time and thinking how happy I am now that I had the surgery. I'm looking forward to my year appointment with Dr. Lenke and can hardly believe that it's almost a year since the surgery. Enjoy the holidays and look forward to being "on the other side." Email anytime with questions and concerns.
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Upcoming November appt.

Hi Spring,
      I will be in St. Louis later this month for my 7 mo. post-op visit with Dr. Bridwell. I believe that Drs. Bridwell & Lenke have their clinics on different days so it will be highly unlikely that we will ever run into each other there. Best of luck to you as you approach your upcoming surgery date. It seems like time just crawls as you wait and unfortunately, at least for me, time crawls during recovery, too. In any case, you will be in good hands.
      Donna
      Female - 49 yrs old at surgery
      Surgery 5/5/11 - Dr. Bridwell, St. Louis
      Fused T3-L3
      60 degree thoracic curve corrected to 30 degrees
      Tennis player & returning to the courts!
      http://s1050.photobucket.com/profile/walkingmom1/index

Comment

Thank you Karen and Donna, it feels good to see that both of you had your surgeries there and are recovering so well. Gives me hope, would be nice to meet you one day. I'm scared to death but I know that it's about time I 'straighten up'!

Take care,
        Spring
        Spring
        42 yrs old
        Dr. Lenke-St. Louis Mo.

Comment

Hi Spring72,

I see Dr. Lenke for my (almost) 1-yr post op on Nov 16th at 8:40am. I had my surgery Dec 13, 2010 and had amazing correction. I am still dealing with pain issues but cosmetically things are better. I'm still hoping that the rest of the issues will resolve. I don't know what time you are planning on getting there for your appt but it would be great to meet you. You can email me at laurieryckman@gmail.com and I can give you my phone# and we can talk or text. You are in good hands with Dr. Lenke!
          Laurie Anne
          Age 30
          Pre-Op Curves T68, L80, Kyphosis 48 degrees
          Post-Op Curves both around 10 degrees
          Surgery with Dr. Lenke & Dr. Kelly 12/13/10
          Gained 2.5 inches now 5'9
          PRE-OP Photos: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/...urieScoliosis/
          5 Mos Post Op: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/...s%20Post%20Op/
          1-Year Post Op: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/...r%20Post%20Op/

Comment

Originally posted by LaurieAnne View Post
            Hi Spring72,

I see Dr. Lenke for my (almost) 1-yr post op on Nov 16th at 8:40am. I had my surgery Dec 13, 2010 and had amazing correction. I am still dealing with pain issues but cosmetically things are better. I'm still hoping that the rest of the issues will resolve. I don't know what time you are planning on getting there for your appt but it would be great to meet you. You can email me at laurieryckman@gmail.com and I can give you my phone# and we can talk or text. You are in good hands with Dr. Lenke!
            Wow...congrats on (almost) 1-yr LaurieAnne! I looked at your pics, your before and afters are awesome! You look amazingly straight...I just can't imagine myself that way. We are heading for St. Louis on Monday (driving-6 hrs), doing my pre-op testing on tues and I am figuring we will be at Lenke's office around 10am on Wed. and then heading back on thurs. It really would be great to meet you! I will send you an email
            Spring
            42 yrs old
            Dr. Lenke-St. Louis Mo.

Comment

Working...
            X