PDA

View Full Version : A request regarding member signatures...

Mojo's Mom
10-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Please could everyone put in their signatures the levels they are fused, if they've already been fused, their curve sizes and their age?

Sometimes I read a response from someone and think it might apply to my own experience, only to find out later that they are only fused to L1 or something. Or that they are twenty years younger than I. Or they had much smaller curves than I.

JMHO, but I think it would help all of us if we would do this...thanks for listening.

6 1/2 months and counting down....

golfnut
10-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Stephanie,
I think that's a great request. I think we should all get our surgeon's okay to get back into certain activities, such as, using the elliptical, doing Yoga or Pilates, ect., but it would help us understand why some are permitted much earlier in their recovery due to age and the length of the fusion.

titaniumed
10-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Excellent idea. It saves the work of having to look back through threads and posts to get the facts.
Ed

JenniferG
10-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Excellent idea!

Mojo's Mom
10-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Ed, I'll be 53 and just three months shy of 54 when my surgery gets done, so I doubt if 54 will feel like the new 37, but I'll be thrilled if 55 can feel like the new 38!

Thanks to everyone who is adjusting their signatures. It really does help so much, especially for those of us losing all our lumbar flexibility.

mabeckoff
10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Excellent idea. It saves the work of having to look back through threads and posts to get the facts.
Ed

When is your birthday ?

titaniumed
10-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Stephanie
Its not that bad. Itís a big improvement over the major pain that I endured before being fused. I think about all the years that I was in pain. Was it really worth waiting? Now, I donít think so. It takes a while before you can judge your outcome, I would say at least 1 year at our age.....I have no lower pain at all, from 10 level pain to zero. I never thought that I would have come out so well. Once the nerves healed, I was in heaven.

Melissa
I will be 53 on Dec 11th.
Ed

mabeckoff
10-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Melissa
I will be 53 on Dec 11th.
Ed

Thanks Ed,I turned 52 on June 3