No announcement yet.

A gift for my Scoliosis Forum friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A gift for my Scoliosis Forum friends.

Hello lovely friends of the NSF forum.

I am proud of all of you for everything you have endured during your journey with scoliosis. Even though I am not extremely active in posting on this forum, I do visit and read posts often. I feel incredibly connected to each one of you, sharing our struggles with scoliosis as our common ground.

I have posted a video on this forum of myself performing a song I wrote about my scoliosis journey, called This Scar. Many of you have been so encouraging about this song in particular and my music in general.

I am extremely excited to announce that after a VERY long time of recording, I am digitally releasing my first full length record tomorrow. It is called "Prairie Belle". The title is from a track on the album with the same name, and it talks about my love for the prairies (I am from Alberta, Canada). My song "This Scar" is on the record as well. I actually have the National Scoliosis Foundation logo and website on the physical copy of my cd, and I have agreed with the president of NSF to donate 10% of all the proceeds from digital sales and physical distribution sales to the National Scoliosis Foundation. This is my way of giving back to this forum community that I adore so much.

Finally, I would like to offer you all a free download of my song "This Scar". If you follow this link, you can download it for free:
    CLICK HERE

If you like what you hear and would like to purchase the entire record, you can do so via my new website that launches tomorrow (October 14th) www.lisanicolegrace.com OR you can purchase it directly off iTunes by searching Lisa Nicole Grace.

I hope this song touches you. I hope you can relate. I hope you are inspired. I hope you acknowledge that you are strong, brave, and beautiful!

Thank you so much.

Lisa Nicole Grace
    www.lisanicolegrace.com
    www.twitter.com/lisanicolegrace
    lisanicolegrace
    29/F/Canada
    Surgery - 11/10/2000
    80° curve to 19° post op.
    www.lisanicolegrace.com
    @lisanicolegrace
    facebook
    x-rays
    picture of my back

A beautiful piece, Lisa, your voice is lovely and strong, your words sincere.

The arts provide tremendous healing for the person creating and those who have the opportunity to experience it.

My 23 yr old daughter had heart surgery when she was 20 months old. I never realized how painful and emotional her scar down the center of her chest was for all her years growing up. In college, her thesis examined the social aspects of scars and included ink prints that she took from the actual scars of various people…and told their story.

I am a visual artist who works in metal, generally jewelry size pieces. In trying to reconcile the necessity of my upcoming scoliosis surgery, I couldn't get the visual impact of the first xray I was shown this past January of just how crooked my back was. The S curve haunted me. I was told by many wise people I needed to imagine my back strong and straight so I created a jewelry piece that was erect and upright. It helped me accept the possibility of a better, stronger spine and also has drawn many, many comments from people who simply saw an intriguing necklace.

Thank you for sharing your song with us. It sends a healing message to us all,
    Judy
    Judy
    60 years old
    double 60 degree curves
    being fused Oct 19, 2011
    T4 to sacrum
    Dr. Boachie

Comment

Working...
    X