10 months post-op and feel exhausted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 months post-op and feel exhausted

Hi all, I had T10 to L3 fusion on 12/21/10 with Dr. Lonner and recovered well with gastro and stomach issues being my biggest complaint, now after 10 months I feel completely physically exhausted and like my entire body aches. It is so weird b/c I actually felt much better months ago, exercising daily and doing everything I did before surgery. I am 42 and have 3 young boys, 3,5 and 7, years old, so I am always exhausted but this is much more, like I can not drag myself out of bed. Anyone experience this before? Wondering if it is surgery related?

Thanks,
    Katie

One of the things that causes extreme fatigue is depression/anxiety. I am on Cipralex (antidepressant) and even sometimes especially when it's gloomy out which is a lot around here, I feel exhausted and can barely accomplish anything around the house and I feel so overwhelmed. Not saying it's the cause of your exhaustion but it is something to consider. Three little boys alone can make anyone feel really really tired, lol.
    Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
    Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
    Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
    http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

Hi Katie,

I know that we go through a lot of ups and downs with our recovery, but maybe you should see your primary care physician and get a regular check-up, have your blood checked, etc. Are you eating ok? Maybe it's anemia or something else very treatable? Hope you get back some of your energy soon!
      Laurie
      Age 57
      Posterior fusion w/thoracoplasty T2-L3 Oct 1, 2010
      Thoracic curve corrected from 61* to 16*
      Lumbar curve, unknown measurement
      Disfiguring back hump GONE!!
      Dr Munish Gupta
      UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA

Comment

Katie, Definitely see your primary care Doctor ASAP. It took me two years to get my stamina back, but it was a gradual uphill climb. Yes there were ups and downs along the way, but nothing like you are describing. Let us know how it goes.
        Sally
        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
        X