PDA

View Full Version : 10 months post-op and feel exhausted

katieb
10-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi all, I had T10 to L3 fusion on 12/21/10 with Dr. Lonner and recovered well with gastro and stomach issues being my biggest complaint, now after 10 months I feel completely physically exhausted and like my entire body aches. It is so weird b/c I actually felt much better months ago, exercising daily and doing everything I did before surgery. I am 42 and have 3 young boys, 3,5 and 7, years old, so I am always exhausted but this is much more, like I can not drag myself out of bed. Anyone experience this before? Wondering if it is surgery related?

Thanks,
Katie

Elisa
10-05-2011, 10:42 AM
One of the things that causes extreme fatigue is depression/anxiety. I am on Cipralex (antidepressant) and even sometimes especially when it's gloomy out which is a lot around here, I feel exhausted and can barely accomplish anything around the house and I feel so overwhelmed. Not saying it's the cause of your exhaustion but it is something to consider. Three little boys alone can make anyone feel really really tired, lol.

lray
10-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi Katie,

I know that we go through a lot of ups and downs with our recovery, but maybe you should see your primary care physician and get a regular check-up, have your blood checked, etc. Are you eating ok? Maybe it's anemia or something else very treatable? Hope you get back some of your energy soon!

loves to skate
10-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Katie, Definitely see your primary care Doctor ASAP. It took me two years to get my stamina back, but it was a gradual uphill climb. Yes there were ups and downs along the way, but nothing like you are describing. Let us know how it goes.
Sally