View Full Version : svere scoliosis

12-31-2004, 06:43 AM
I am new to this forum and I am so relieved to have a place to go. I have no doctor and am in the severe stages of osteoarthritis and scoliosis. my doctors just say come back when you can't take it anymore. I am a single mother and my family does not understand the pain and agony I go through everyday. I am on heavy narcotics, muscle relaxers and clonepin. I 've been bed ridden for 4 days now. I do not know how to get a specialist in my area. can someone help me. thank you. I am on temp.disability and have lost two jobs. I am 41 and the docs say I have the spine of a 80 year old woman. I have never met a scoliosis specialist. Where do I go to locate one? :confused:

12-31-2004, 07:19 AM

Being an Aussie and not really understanding quite all the in and outs of the health system, insurance etc in USA and Canada I can only give you limited advice. But I did want to reply :-) and I know that people'll help you from here.

If you do searches on here you might find names of surgeons in your area that other people have been to.

A website that's mentioned many times is


Its a locater of spine doctors/physicians (scoliosis mainly I'm pretty sure) who are members of the Scoliosis Research Society.

I do feel for your situation, being bed-ridden would not be a very nice thing. And having doctors who don't understand wouldn't help either.

Best wishes and the very best of luck


12-31-2004, 11:26 AM

There are some good doctors in Sacramento. You might want to check out Daniel Benson, Munish Gupta, or Rolando Roberto.

If you don't mind travelling a little, there are a bunch of great doctors in San Francisco. If you'd like a specific recommendation there, please email me at linda@scoliosislinks.com.