PDA

View Full Version : the big day!

bamboo
09-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Next thursday (the 22th) is THE day, the surgery day for me. I'm leaving tomorrow from Québec city, where I live, to Montreal where the hospital is. I need your prayers, energy, positive thoughts, whatever name you give to that! I will let you know how it was. And I'm looking forward to being able to respond and give answers to people still waiting for surgery and feeling useful. You fused people gave and learned me so much by writing your experience on that forum! Thank you so much to be there!

Bamboo

JenniferG
09-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Sending best wishes for a successful surgery and an easy ride through recovery. This last leg is the hardest, soon it will be over and you'll be on that road to recovery.

djkinkead
09-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Saying prayers for you! Do realize God is in charge and he will take care of you.

It's been a month for me tomorrow and it is absolutely true that every day it gets better. Remind yourself of that.

My best advice is to make sure you get your pain meds on time and, if you have family or friends there, that is part of their job--make sure you get your meds on time.

I found there were two kinds of meds I needed. One for the pain and then, a day or so after the surgery, for muscle spasms.

Best wishes--and mostly LOTS OF PRAYERS!

Dollir

mabeckoff
09-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Prayers are being said for you and your surgeon.

Looking forward to hearing from you on the other side

golfnut
09-20-2011, 09:23 PM
I'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Doodles
09-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Bamboo--
Very best wishes to you for a successful surgery and recovery. Will be thinking and praying for the best! Janet

progress
09-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Best of luck, and remember the days after will roll on no matter what. You are stronger than you think, and actually most of the time you may find it's not as bad as expected.
Enjoy the time out.
Kelly

peachrush7
09-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Blessings on your surgery!!!

I will keep you in my prayers, it is such a scary time right before. But we all are here wishing you well and lifting you up!

Will anyone be able to post for you to let us know how you're doing after the surgery? I had my husband log in for me.

paula
09-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Best wishes from me too! I'm very happy with the results of my surgery, and although it's a big step, I'm glad I took it.

My son lives in Montreal, and is a student at University of Montreal. He is very happy there.

bamboo
10-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Thank you so much for all your prayers and positive energy! The surgery went well. The hospital stay was hard, so much pain... I have been home for 1 month now. I have to wear a brace wich is quite uncomfortable, I'm still feeling miserable with all those pills night and day, but it's done and I'm straight, much more than I thought I would be. Trying to be patient for recovery (not my best quality!).

djkinkead
10-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Welcome home and welcome back. Glad you are doing well.

I share your impatience for recovery...but you have to listen to your body. If you don't, take the pills that will make you listen. :-)

Best wishes....so glad you are doing okay!

mabeckoff
10-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Glad that you are doing ok. What kind of brace do you have?

golfnut
10-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Bamboo,
Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. The first month or so are by far the worst. It's hard to be patient!

Elisa
10-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Great to hear from you bamboo and that your surgery went well! The first month was definitely the hardest for my son but it does get a lot better. Keep us updated on your progress.

Doodles
10-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Bamboo--
That's great to be on this side of the surgery. I truly hope you have a great recovery! Janet