PDA

View Full Version : Hope surgeon used really good thread

djkinkead
09-06-2011, 10:05 AM
One of our friends, who is also a nurse, is a really good cook.

She keeps bringing over wonderful food every few days. Last night was topped by fresh peach cobbler. Yum mm.

Boy, I hope Dr. Edwards used really strong thread in stitching me back together.

Any thots of losing weight on this adventure is quickly diminishing.

loves to skate
09-06-2011, 12:13 PM
You are truly blessed to have a friend like that who brings you food to help your body heal and soothe your spirit. Weight will come off when you get back on your feet. God Bless
Sally

peachrush7
09-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Glad you're feeling well enough to eat!!! That's a great sign. Eating was not appealing to me for about a month or more post-op, so you sound like you're better off than I was. =)

jeneemohler
09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
I love your sense of humor! I will also agree with the lack of appetite. I didn't eat much for that first month, either. I would have loved to have had some appealing food...

My hubby got home too late to cook, so we lived on some casseroles I made and froze ahead of time, and organic frozen dinners from Trader Joes. Nothing sounded good. I ate lots of soup and fruit....

paula
09-14-2011, 06:24 PM
My husband's cooked some for us, my mom came and helped for awhile, and we've relied on Dream Dinners. I had gone in and prepared some ahead of time, and our local franchise will assemble them for you if you've had surgery or some other medical problem. Most of them have been really good.