Nearly 4 weeks Post -op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly 4 weeks Post -op

Hi guys, thought I would give an update!
    After a hell two weeks in hospital due to a bowel ileus things are going pretty good. I can sit for a long as I like, am going for half hr walks around the neighbourhood and have been shopping (but don't push a trolley). Think I will probably start driving short distances later in week. I have no pain around the spine area at all. I don't need pain relief during the day but at night take some tramadol because of soft tissue pain in my side. Prior to surgery (55 deg thoracolumbar) my right side was concave. This side is now full of fairly numb tissue and I get a dull gnawing feeling there, it is a bit swollen too. I have a hip on my left side now that wasn't there previously and think there is a balanced right hip now hidden under the swelling. Looking forward to this swelling subsiding. Did anyone else experience this? My correction is great on the x-ray, fused T9 to L3.
    Kelly
    49 yrs
    Australia
    Progress 1 hr Nth of Sydney, Australia
    49 yrs
    55 deg thorocolumbar
    Fused T9 to L3, Aug 11th 2011

You're doing well Kelly! Swelling is quite common and can last for many weeks, but it'll be worth the wait to see that new symetrical shape!

Keep up the good work!
    Jen
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Kelly,
      I think you are doing great! I am 8 months post-op and still have numb areas. I know swelling is normal, as well. Keep up the good work and have a smooth recovery.
      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
      Rib Hump-GONE!
      Age-60 at the time of surgery
      Now 66
      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Wow. That's a very speedy recovery. Keep up the good work!
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X