Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else Seeing Dr. Lenke Sep 21?

Hi Everyone,

While time is dragging by for me in anticipation for my Sep 21st appointment with Dr. Lenke, does anyone else plan to see him on the same day? Has there been an occasion where someone saw Lenke but he declined to do surgery? This thought just popped in my head today. Does anyone here have a surgery scheduled with Lenke during 2011?

Warmly,
    Doreen
    44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
    Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
    2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Doreen,
    I hope you can meet someone else from the forum on the 21st. So far, I have met "confused mom". -Evelyn, Laurie Anne, and Kathy K. We are all really normal people who face a small bump in the road. I am watching the MDA Telethon now and just lost a teacher/friend with ALS who could only move her eyes in the last few months of her 1O month battle with the disease leaving a husband and 4 young children. I cannot complain about any back surgery inconveniences. ALS is such a horrible disease.u
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

there are many horrible diseases in the world...my mother died of
      brain cancer, years ago, when there weren't as many treatments for it as there are today..i am sure we all have our stories...
      i do not mean to hijack this thread about seeing Dr Lenke....

but i cannot judge how big anyone's scoliosis problem is...
      and personally, in my opinion, all pain is hell, regardless of whether it is temporary
      or permanent...
      there will always be people with better health than those with scoli, and always be those
      with worse...
      since this is a scoli forum, i am ready to listen to anyone who complains
      about their scoliosis situation...or any other spinal conditions they have in addition
      to scoli....

so sorry you are in pain, Doreen....
      and i hope you do meet someone at Dr Lenke's...

jess

Comment

I apologize!

In no means was I trying to minimize scoliosis or the extreme pain that most experience. I was just wrapped up in the moment with the telethon and the recent loss of my friend. I apologize! It wasn't on the topic of the thread at all. I'm sorry, Doreen, Jess, and others.
        Doreen: I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting people from this forum at Dr. Lenke's office and hope that you can, as well.
        Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
        Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
        70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
        Rib Hump-GONE!
        Age-60 at the time of surgery
        Now 66
        Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
        Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
        Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
        Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
        tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
        http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

No worries.
          44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
          Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
          2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

I hope you get to meet some people. My meeting a bunch of NY/NJ people from the forum in person helped me tremendously both before and after my surgery. As a matter of fact, I remember meeting 2 other forum members when I had my consultation with Dr. Boachie. We are a group of people with a common bond, and it's always easy to talk with eachother.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
            Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
            Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
            Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
            Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by golfnut View Post
              In no means was I trying to minimize scoliosis or the extreme pain that most experience. I was just wrapped up in the moment with the telethon and the recent loss of my friend. I apologize! It wasn't on the topic of the thread at all. I'm sorry, Doreen, Jess, and others.
              Doreen: I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting people from this forum at Dr. Lenke's office and hope that you can, as well.
              I am 68 years old I had a failed fusion from l2-sacrum. I I am on some pills for pain. I can function at home, but I need a walker to go further than a block or 2. I am wondering who had a fusion with Dr. Lenke from T2-sacrum as a revision. Was there any relief from pain and how long did it take to get some sort of function back.

Comment

Working...
              X