PDA

View Full Version : Second Opinion Scheduled with Dr. Lenke Sep 21

Doreen1
08-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

I reached out to Dr. Lenke's office today and was able to schedule an appointment for Sep 21. :) This shocked me since I wasn't expecting to get in to see him until next year. His office explained, "... he only takes on the most severe of the severe cases... starting at 70+ degree curves..."

I explained how Atlanta surgeon cancelled surgery because bone density results not being good. I also explained how I have Aug 24 appointment with endocrinologist to start bone stimulating meds. I specifically asked, knowing about the density results and that I am pursuing help to boost bone density, will Lenke see me. The woman said yes, as long as I am taking steps to improve density, he will see me.

Can anyone recommend some neighborhoods/hotels to stay that are close to Lenke's office at Parkview Place? We plan to stay an extra day to celebrate hubby's birthday.

Warmly,
Doreen

Susie*Bee
08-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Doreen-- that's so very exciting that you have an appt. for so soon! Yay!

mabeckoff
08-10-2011, 09:07 PM
What great news that you have a appointment so quickly . How many hours drive is it for you from GA?

Melissa

Doreen1
08-10-2011, 09:19 PM
It's 8 hour drive. We plan to fly.

How was your day today, Melissa?

Warmly,
Doreen

golfnut
08-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Doreen,
I am so happy that you have an appointment with Dr. Lenke. He's my hero!!! I can't believe you got in to see him so soon. Fantastic!

KathK
08-10-2011, 09:53 PM
I stayed at the Parkway Hotel, www.theparkwayhotel.com, after my surgery and for my 3 month follow up appointment. It is connected to the Center for Advanced Medicine (CAM) via an elevated walkway. Dr. Lenke's office is in the CAM. This region of St. Louis is called the Central West End if you want to search for other hotels. LisaB stayed in a different nearby hotel. Do try to visit Forrest Park while in town. It is right across the highway from the Barnes-Jewish complex.

I'd be happy to talk with you. I have a 10 year old (9 at the time of my surgery), so I I understand your concerns. I'll send you a pm with my contact info.

mabeckoff
08-10-2011, 10:05 PM
It's 8 hour drive. We plan to fly.

How was your day today, Melissa?

Warmly,
Doreen

My day went OK. I called the visiting nurse to come back because I have a very bad rash under my breasts because of the brace and the warmth. While she was here, she looked at my neck and she feels that I have a stitch left in my neck. I have to go to Dr bederman to get it out. I am trying to see if I can find someone to drive me as my husband has taken off some much time already from work

Melissa

peachrush7
08-16-2011, 12:31 AM
I am so glad to hear you're getting in to see him!!!! Whatever the result, I'm sure it will help you feel more informed about your options.

debbei
08-16-2011, 07:48 AM
good for you, so glad you got the appointment. Prior to my surgery, I had a bone density test, and some dummy from a local orthopedic's office called to say I had bad results (not my surgeon's office.) Anyway, they were misinterpreted and not bad at all. Hopefully Dr. L can figure out something to do for you.

Good luck,

Spring72
08-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Hello Doreen,

I just saw Dr. Lenke on July 20th, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park...it is on Oakland Avenue and was very close to Barnes Jewish Hosp. Nice Hotel, and if you mention that you are coming for an appt at the hospital you will get a discounted rate (a nice one). I now have a surgery date scheduled and just found out my bone scan was bad as well :(.....once you meet him I believe you will know he is the one.

Take care