Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations on your 1 Year Anniversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations on your 1 Year Anniversary!

Congratulations to KathyK on her one year anniversary tomorrow (Aug. 2) of surgery with Dr. Lenke. I hope you celebrate!
    I also want to thank Kathy for all of the encouragement and support she has given me in the past year.
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

That first anniversary is so special. I hope you do something that you will remember this milestone by, as a very important day in your life, Kathy.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Congratulations, Kathy. You've made it to a really big goal! Hope it is going well for you. Janet
      Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
      Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
      Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
      Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
      T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

It is wonderful to have reached the 1-year mark! More than anything, I feel extremely thankful today (tearfully so)! I am thankful that there are skilled surgeons and ever improving surgical techniques available to us. I am thankful for my family and friends. And, I am thankful for this forum. I’ve heard it said that “shared hardship builds intimacy”, and I think it is so true. We all share the common hardship of living with an abnormal spine. It is wonderful to be able to share the ups and downs of that hardship with people who truly understand.

At 1 year, I am doing very well. I am working full time and have a lot of energy for errands and for fun with my daughter. I will have my 1-year check-up with Dr. Lenke in 3 weeks. I hope to be cleared to start to use weight machines at the gym (light weights of course) and to ride a bike. I am also planning to start to “push” a little harder and try reaching for those toes (although I might not give up those pedicures).

Thanks, Karen, for your support!
        Kathy
        46 yrs at surgery, now 50
        71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
        8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
        http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

Kathy,
          Congratulations on your 1-year anniversary!! Thank you for all your support, advice, and encouragement as I was going through the surgery and recovery. I am so glad you are doing well.

This forum and all the people who participate on it have been so caring. We have all been through the "journey" and it helps to have support like you and like the forum.

Wishing you a continued recovery and getting back to all the things you love to do.

Best wishes, Irene

Comment

Working...
          X