PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on your 1 Year Anniversary!

golfnut
08-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Congratulations to KathyK on her one year anniversary tomorrow (Aug. 2) of surgery with Dr. Lenke. I hope you celebrate!
I also want to thank Kathy for all of the encouragement and support she has given me in the past year.

JenniferG
08-01-2011, 05:59 PM
That first anniversary is so special. I hope you do something that you will remember this milestone by, as a very important day in your life, Kathy.

Doodles
08-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Congratulations, Kathy. You've made it to a really big goal! Hope it is going well for you. Janet

KathK
08-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks, everyone!

It is wonderful to have reached the 1-year mark! More than anything, I feel extremely thankful today (tearfully so)! I am thankful that there are skilled surgeons and ever improving surgical techniques available to us. I am thankful for my family and friends. And, I am thankful for this forum. I’ve heard it said that “shared hardship builds intimacy”, and I think it is so true. We all share the common hardship of living with an abnormal spine. It is wonderful to be able to share the ups and downs of that hardship with people who truly understand.

At 1 year, I am doing very well. I am working full time and have a lot of energy for errands and for fun with my daughter. I will have my 1-year check-up with Dr. Lenke in 3 weeks. I hope to be cleared to start to use weight machines at the gym (light weights of course) and to ride a bike. I am also planning to start to “push” a little harder and try reaching for those toes (although I might not give up those pedicures).

Thanks, Karen, for your support!

backissues
08-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Kathy,
Congratulations on your 1-year anniversary!! Thank you for all your support, advice, and encouragement as I was going through the surgery and recovery. I am so glad you are doing well.

This forum and all the people who participate on it have been so caring. We have all been through the "journey" and it helps to have support like you and like the forum.

Wishing you a continued recovery and getting back to all the things you love to do.

Best wishes, Irene