PDA

View Full Version : Hurts to run due to rods in my back?

newlight
07-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Has anyone else experienced this?

I have rods in my back from L1 - T1. I can't run because every time I try to run, my back hurts while I'm running. It feels like a screw or something bounces up and down. I have had this since my surgery so I know I haven't caused a screw to become loose or anything. Will this always happen? I miss running without pain and I'm worried I'll hurt my back if I run.

kennedy
07-25-2011, 02:33 PM
well i have to run sometime to get to class but by the time i get to class it hurt because i also have rods. i think it tempory

braceyourself
07-25-2011, 03:04 PM
How long ago was your fusion? It took me until this summer to be able to run and feel normal again, and it's been almost 2 years since my fusion.

newlight
07-26-2011, 01:10 AM
My fusion was seven years ago, I believe. Haha. I've always had this. My mom says it's because I have such extensive rods in my back (nape of neck to right above the lumbar curve) that causes the pain. But I don't have pain just after I'm running, I have pain as soon as I start running. My back seizes up and it feels like I'm jarring something up and down. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem?