PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing Numbness

Doreen1
07-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

The past few days I've been feeling "pins/needles" in my right foot and today, my right calf and right foot now have that feeling. Anyone else experience this?

Warmly,
Doreen

asccbodypro
07-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

The past few days I've been feeling "pins/needles" in my right foot and today, my right calf and right foot now have that feeling. Anyone else experience this?

Warmly,
Doreen

Prior to my surgery I experienced many of those symptoms. For me it was higher up, mainly in my left quad. I had my surger two years ago and for the most part I am free of sciatica nerve pain. Lots of other pain to contend with....while I still have issues that I am fighting with I do not regret my surgery as it got rid of all that pain! I did chiropractic care for an entire year, 4-5 days per week right up untl the day before my surgery. It made a huge difference, I would not have been able to function at all had it not been for the chiropractic care. I was very fortunate to have a great chiropractor who was very agressive in my treatment. Have you had surgery or awaiting surgery? Also, have you had any chiropractic care? I am having a tough time right now with my neck/atlas and was awake almost all night with numbness and tingling in my left arm so I can appreciate what your feeling! Hang in there and I hope you find some relief soon! Good luck.

jrnyc
07-23-2011, 05:50 PM
pins and needles means nerves are involved...at least, that is what doctors and surgeons tell me..
they also tell me when nerves are involved, injections often work VERY well to address the symptoms....shots are well suited to problems stemming from nerves, as opposed to structural problems, like the actual curves themselves....

jess

ADMoul
07-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi Doreen, "Pins and needles" and nerve sensations are very common for people with scoliosis from compression of the curve. Mine were in the lower part of my left leg and into the top of my foot. My curve is to the left and I had put more weight on that side of my body for so many years. I actually had a nerve release surgery done on my peroneal nerve about a year before my surgery which helped a little. Anyway, all of my nerve issues pretty much disappeared after surgery.

asccbodypro
07-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi Doreen, "Pins and needles" and nerve sensations are very common for people with scoliosis from compression of the curve. Mine were in the lower part of my left leg and into the top of my foot. My curve is to the left and I had put more weight on that side of my body for so many years. I actually had a nerve release surgery done on my peroneal nerve about a year before my surgery which helped a little. Anyway, all of my nerve issues pretty much disappeared after surgery.

Anne,

Can you explain the nerve release surgery a little more? I've never heard of anything like that before....always something new! Glad your balanced and happy :O)

ADMoul
07-25-2011, 01:34 PM
It was sort of like carpal tunnel except they did a little incision at the side of my knee and one across the top of my foot and I think they released the sheath around the nerves. Apparently the peroneal nerve can become entrapped just like carpal tunnel syndrome in your wrist. It was a relatively minor procedure actually done by a podiatrist. It helped somewhat but the biggest relief came from the scoli surgery.