PDA

View Full Version : SpineKIDS

Snoopy
06-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Not sure where to post this, but it was recently announced that SpineKIDS forum will be shut down at the end of the month. I know a lot of us, myself included, have recommended the site to the kids/teens who come to this site since we don't have a lot of kids/teens on our site.

Mary Lou

LindaRacine
06-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Wow, that's too bad. Hopefully, the kids will find their way here.

kennedy
06-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Marylou i was on here shince i was 13 teen years old. i joined spinekids back in 06

Snoopy
06-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Linda,

Yeah, it is too bad because it is a great place for the kids. I've recommended this site to the kids. Hope it doesn't mean a ton more work for you!

Kara,

I know you've been on this site before, but what I meant was that we don't get a lot of people 18 and younger on this site. In our adolescent section, which is reserved for those under the age of 18, we don't get a lot of people. Now that you are 19, you've moved up to the adult section of this forum instead of the kids/teen/adolsecent section.

Mary Lou

CAmomof2
06-16-2011, 03:59 PM
My daughter was very disappointed when she logged in to Spine Kids the other day and read the news. She goes on it every day!! Hopefully she will be able to find other kids to talk to - it sure helps not to feel so alone.

mariaf
06-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Wow, what a shame - I'm sorry to hear that.

tonibunny
06-21-2011, 11:27 AM
This is a huge shame. I regularly refer people to Spinekids (as I do here - although I'm a mod at SSO I send people wherever I think will be most helpful to them). Spinekids has been such a lovely, colourful, safe and friendly community for the teenagers and I hope that they manage to keep things going with their Facebook group.

2kids
11-12-2012, 07:32 PM
This is a huge shame. I regularly refer people to Spinekids (as I do here - although I'm a mod at SSO I send people wherever I think will be most helpful to them). Spinekids has been such a lovely, colourful, safe and friendly community for the teenagers and I hope that they manage to keep things going with their Facebook group.

Was Spinekids replaced with another forum for children? It was so helpful for my daughter when she was first diagnosed and braced. I met a students at my school today who was just diagnosed and braced. I wanted to share this resource with her and her mother. Any other suggestions for support for children?

leahdragonfly
11-13-2012, 08:04 AM
My understanding was the SpineKids group reformed on Facebook.

kennedy
11-13-2012, 09:15 PM
There now a site called curvy girls scoliosis