Drug of choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug of choice

Reading Linda's post about going back on anti-inflammatories at 10 weeks I got to thinking how Ibuprofen is my "drug of choice." One tablet and it eliminates all pain for me. For my partner, it doesn't do a thing.

It's amazing how different we all are, what works for some, doesn't work for others.

I used to buy boxes of 100. I took one for a headache the other day and realised that was the first one I'd taken in over 2 years.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

you are lucky...i believe that those helped by NSAIDS are lucky...
    the only thing that ever helped my pain, including arthritis, was Vioxx...worked fantastic for 2 weeks, & then i had a reaction that almost killed me...
    i now cannot take Celebrex either...i am allergic to Cox 2 inhibitors, the only pill that every helped the pain! (besides opiates)

jess

Comment

Jess

Nsaid’s can be really hard on your system. I took Celebrex and Bextra for 9 months back in 2002 battling sciatica. I gained a bunch of weight and they are also hard on your stomach.

I have some Vioxx here, but never took it. I have a lot of “goodies” here. He he

I have a professional stretching chair, and an arch table I would part with if anyone needs it. These would be mainly for pre fused people only. The chair weighs probably about 300# and was bought for me by a local Doctor and friend years ago...

I don’t take anything anymore. If I have a headache, which is a rare thing, I will eat a yogurt and lay down.

Jen, You have done well...Its always nice reading your posts.

Ed
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Jess, I'm so sorry you're having such rotten luck with your pain-killers. Are you still getting relief from your most recent injections?

Thanks Ed. I'm still pinching myself.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Ed...don't touch the Vioxx...it was taken off the market for causing heart problems, etc!
          the allergic reaction i had to it was a doozy!!

Jen, i got relief from the SI joint injections in lumbar, which is a miracle!...
          i do not know if that is why my upper back is so sore...i get botox in thoracic June 22nd...it should help!
          oxycontin helps my pain, to a lesser degree hydrocodone does too..i just wish i could take an NSAID rather than opiates!

thanks, guys...

jess

Comment

Working...
          X