PDA

View Full Version : Drug of choice

JenniferG
06-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Reading Linda's post about going back on anti-inflammatories at 10 weeks I got to thinking how Ibuprofen is my "drug of choice." One tablet and it eliminates all pain for me. For my partner, it doesn't do a thing.

It's amazing how different we all are, what works for some, doesn't work for others.

I used to buy boxes of 100. I took one for a headache the other day and realised that was the first one I'd taken in over 2 years.

jrnyc
06-04-2011, 09:25 PM
you are lucky...i believe that those helped by NSAIDS are lucky...
the only thing that ever helped my pain, including arthritis, was Vioxx...worked fantastic for 2 weeks, & then i had a reaction that almost killed me...
i now cannot take Celebrex either...i am allergic to Cox 2 inhibitors, the only pill that every helped the pain! (besides opiates)

jess

titaniumed
06-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Jess

Nsaid’s can be really hard on your system. I took Celebrex and Bextra for 9 months back in 2002 battling sciatica. I gained a bunch of weight and they are also hard on your stomach.

I have some Vioxx here, but never took it. I have a lot of “goodies” here. He he

I have a professional stretching chair, and an arch table I would part with if anyone needs it. These would be mainly for pre fused people only. The chair weighs probably about 300# and was bought for me by a local Doctor and friend years ago...

I don’t take anything anymore. If I have a headache, which is a rare thing, I will eat a yogurt and lay down.

Jen, You have done well...Its always nice reading your posts.

Ed

JenniferG
06-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Jess, I'm so sorry you're having such rotten luck with your pain-killers. Are you still getting relief from your most recent injections?

Thanks Ed. I'm still pinching myself.

jrnyc
06-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Ed...don't touch the Vioxx...it was taken off the market for causing heart problems, etc!
the allergic reaction i had to it was a doozy!!

Jen, i got relief from the SI joint injections in lumbar, which is a miracle!...
i do not know if that is why my upper back is so sore...i get botox in thoracic June 22nd...it should help!
oxycontin helps my pain, to a lesser degree hydrocodone does too..i just wish i could take an NSAID rather than opiates!

thanks, guys...

jess