PDA

View Full Version : New bed

PatrickT
05-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Well, after many nights on old faithful wife and I decided it was time to get rid of that and move to a better mattress. Now, this new one is awesome, however it is more firm with a pillow top for comfort. This being said it is a great bed light years from where we were at previously, however "arghhhhh" I was sore this morning! Is that normal? I read online that it takes time to get use to a correct bed to sleep on and after a while it will get better. Is this what you have seen in your travels with sleeping on a new bed?

I am going to give this a few more weeks, then make a decision on keeping this one or moving to a new mattress that will be better for us.

Thanks!

JenniferG
05-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Before and after surgery, I found a firm bed with a foam overlay is best to sleep on. You need that softness but you also need to be held firmly, level and straight. If you find you don't lose that soreness in the morning, try a foam overlay before you change mattresess - I swear by them. Most on here like the memory foam, which I haven't tried yet. Mine's the foam egg-crate style.

debbei
05-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Yes I agree with Jen--memory foam is the best! I have a 3" one that I ordered from Overstock.com, and I can't sleep without it. When I stay overnight elsewhere I have the hardest time getting comfie.

loves to skate
06-07-2011, 10:36 PM
We just got a new latex foam bed about two months ago and I absolutely love it. Latex is cooler than memory foam and about 1/2 to 1/3 the cost. It is a Vera Wang Serta. I wish I had had it before my surgery four years ago. It is sooo comfortable. I didn't like my memory foam topper at all.
Sally

titaniumed
06-07-2011, 10:50 PM
I bought a $2300 tempurpedic and thought I made a mistake. It took about 2 weeks for me to get used to it and now I feel it’s the best. Foam really is the way to go, and had a statement in my signature about foam till I maxed my signature out with my coronal x-ray.

My signature will not take any more characters....(smiley face)

There are many “bed” threads here....just use search.
Ed

jrnyc
06-08-2011, 12:09 AM
i was looking at the vera wang serta latex bed...
when i was very young, i had a mattress i think could have been foam rubber...the old fashioned kind...i LOVED it!
now i have trouble even finding a foam rubber pillow!

since i was looking to buy the vera wang serta latex bed, i started reading reviews of owners of such beds...lately, there were many negative reviews of the vera wang serta latex bed...that the mattress is shot after about 7 months to a year, etc...???

has anyone had the vera wang serta latex bed for more than a year or two...if so, do you still like the bed...?

jess

loves to skate
06-08-2011, 11:27 AM
i was looking at the vera wang serta latex bed...
when i was very young, i had a mattress i think could have been foam rubber...the old fashioned kind...i LOVED it!
now i have trouble even finding a foam rubber pillow!

since i was looking to buy the vera wang serta latex bed, i started reading reviews of owners of such beds...lately, there were many negative reviews of the vera wang serta latex bed...that the mattress is shot after about 7 months to a year, etc...???

has anyone had the vera wang serta latex bed for more than a year or two...if so, do you still like the bed...?

jess

The Vera Wang Serta latex bed comes with a 10 year warranty. It will sag just a little bit, but if it sags more than 1 1/2", it falls under the warranty. It cost just a little over $1000.00 for the bed.
Sally

PatrickT
06-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Well, as time goes on I am loving the bed more and more and my back is feeling 100% better. The lumbar section was the killer for me in the morning, still a little tight and that just could be that I have something called....scoliosis. So, I figure that I am going to keep this bed it is very comfortable and we love the fact that it is two sided and made with higher quality than those single sided beds at all the other manufacturers.