Changing Surgery Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Surgery Date

I just received a call from my doctor's office. Due to the schedule of the neurosurgeon who accompanies by Ortho, they need to push my surgery date back 2 weeks. I'm now looking at a Feb. 1, 2005 surgery date. Apparently, the neurosurgeon only releases his schedule 4-6 weeks out, so they won't be sure of this new date until later this month.

I'm a little upset because I've really been getting myself mentally prepared for that day not to mention having to get things at my office prepared as well

I just needed to get this out.....Thanks for listening!

That sucks! I was frustrated enough when just my initial consultation got pushed back. Can you make an appointment at a day spa or something to pamper yourself on your original surgery date? I know that would help take my mind off of it
    Pre-surgery: upper curve 44 (and kyphosis), lower curve 45
    Post-surgery: under 20, both curves (doesn't even qualify as scoliosis anymore )

surgery: August 29, 2005
    fusion T5-L3
    Surgeon - Dr. Ted Wagner at University of Washington (Seattle)

Scar getting to the point where people either don't notice it or think it is from something much less serious!

Comment

Sorry to hear this Heidi! The mental stress in thinking about it is so great... I second the idea of giving yourself a big treat in the meantime... Take care ~Laura
      30y/o
      Upper curve around 55
      Lower curve around 35

Comment

surgery pushed back

Heidie:
        So sorry your surgery has been changed. The fact that you
        have a neurosurgeon as well as an ortho. is fantastic. My
        friend is an anesthesiologist and she recommended that I
        not have surgery without a neurosurgeon-they are the top
        of the list . kSok, you have two top notch surgeons working
        on you. You are indeed fortunate.
        You will be going to surgery a few days before me.Kathleen

Comment

I am praying that I don't get a cold or even worse, the flu between now and my surgery date. I've thought about asking
          my primary doctor if I could get the flu shot just to be safe.

As for the neurosurgeon sitting in on the surgery, I was very happy to hear that because one of my major concerns was having something go wrong and coming out of this with some sort of paralysis. Knowing that he will be in the room is a great comfort to me!

Comment

Heidi...

I know what you mean about worrying about getting sick and canceling/rescheduling your surgery because of it. I felt the same way before my daughter's surgery. Our family doctor did give my daughter and I flu shots before surgery. It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor, even if it is too close to surgery to get one. You can protect yourself a little though....wash your hands often; try to keep your hands away from your mouth and nose as much as possible; avoid sick people as much as you can; avoid shaking hands; most importantly, eat right, get plenty of sleep, etc.

Good luck.

Mary Lou

Comment

flu shot

Heidie:
              I am planning to get a flu shot. Here in Texas, and maybe
              in your area, you can go to a primacare center in a strip mall
              for your shot, they are 20$ here. This eliminates making an
              appointment at your regular doc.s. kathleen

Originally posted by HGD24
              I am praying that I don't get a cold or even worse, the flu between now and my surgery date. I've thought about asking
              my primary doctor if I could get the flu shot just to be safe.

As for the neurosurgeon sitting in on the surgery, I was very happy to hear that because one of my major concerns was having something go wrong and coming out of this with some sort of paralysis. Knowing that he will be in the room is a great comfort to me!

Comment

Working...
              X