No announcement yet.

Question: radiofrequency ablation......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: radiofrequency ablation......

So I had my second epidural cervical steriod shot....a series of three. I explained that I had very little relief, any for about a week. We discussed Cervical Medial Branch Blocks and he suggested that I would most likely be a good candidate for Radiofrequency ablation.

Onto my question.....has anyone had this procedure and did you have relief in your symptoms?

I had to laugh because when he asked what meds I was taking and I informed him AGAIN that Tramadol didn't work during my bad spells he boldly stated "No Narcotics, your to young to be taking them all the time!!" To which I replied "I agree with you, however, I am also to young to be in this much pain all the time."

The conversation was left at that......UNTIL I was under the fluoroscopy x-ray machine. He then asked, "How old did you say your baby was?" I replied, "Three years old and runs on 100 mph all day long. Why do you ask?" "I'm going to give you a prescription for vicodin." Clearly things didn't look so good to him once he really started paying attention to the x-ray machine.

I wonder what has changed that he saw that made him change his mind. Interesting.
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

if you mean nerve ablation, which i believe is done with radio frequency, then yes, i had it done for lumbar pain...
    it helped reduce my pain in lumbar area for about 4 weeks....

jess

Comment

Working...
    X