Butrans - anyone hear of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butrans - anyone hear of it

I finally had my second appt yesterday after stopping the Nucynta two weeks ago. She gave me Butrans. It is a patch you wear for one week at a time. Any one have any experience with it? I am seeing my surgeon today to discuss my pain .

Melissa

Melissa,

I have never heard of it but would love to hear if it works for you! Keep us posted and good luck.

Susan
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Well, I got the drug yesterday and put the patch on last night. This is the first night that I did not wake up from pain. I only woke up once to go to the bathroom. This morning I feel good. Pain is down to 5/6, a level I can live with Let's see how the week goes.

Melissa

Comment

hi Melissa
        never heard of it until you brought it up...
        then i looked it up on internet...there is a lot of info on it...it is a semi synthetic opioid...
        Butrans is listed as a schedule III controlled substance for moderate to severe chronic pain and used for people who need round the clock tx for pain.... it says that on the medication's own website....
        i read that it has a good success rate treating chronic pain...
        it also has antidepressant qualities, though info said it is not prescribed for that purpose....sounded as if that was a side benefit of the medication....
        i am very glad it is helping you...
        side effects listed were usual ones for same type of pain meds...

jess
        Last edited by jrnyc; 04-14-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Yes it seems to be working .It has just been 12 hours since I put the patch on. So we will wait and see. Would Dr Anand work on me after having surgery the other way?

Melissa

Comment

Somehow I can't see how someone could take out a broken rod and put in a new one without doing regular surgery. Now just b/c I can't picture it, doesn't mean it can't be done. They do replace the entire rod, right?
            Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
            Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
            Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
            http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

i do not know Melissa...good question....
              i think it would be worth asking, if he takes your insurance....
              i went to see him for consult knowing he didn't take my insurance...it cost me $560 one year ago....to me, at the time, i felt it was well worth the money, because back then there was so much misinformation about minimally invasive approach for lumbar scoli surgery...still is, really
              some still do not believe that a FIRST time surgery in lumbar area can be done with the rods going in using minimally invasive approach...but it most certainly can and is done...all the time!
              as far as MI with a revision...that is a question for Dr Anand...

best of luck with whomever/whatever you decide...
              jess
              Last edited by jrnyc; 04-14-2011, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X