Epidural Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epidural Shot

So it's been a week and one day since the shot for my neck (C7). While I am happy to report that I've had no more migraines since, it's done nothing in the way of pain in the muscles as they said it would. Good bless my massage therapist, he does wonders.

I'm definitely going to check out the botox shots to see if that can't buy me some time as I couldn't consider having surgery for at least another 1 1/2 due to my husband's underway schedule. After that maybe surgery would be the best option. Always in the back of my mind is here we go again.....ugh!

On a positive note..... HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY! HOPE FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT CELEBRATED YOU DID SO SAFELY )
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

Hi Susan, sorry the injection only achieved partial relief, but no more migraines is great! Sorry you are living with this next surgery hanging over you. Look forward to hearing about the Botox injections. You sooo deserve relief after all this time.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

ugh So sorry to hear about your pain, and shot in the neck how frightening. Praise God, at least it helped the migraines. :-[ on a different note, I'm in Virginia now- a conference for the Navy, but no rental car. but the flight caused horrible pain. too much sitting. sending you sympathy and empathy, but today it's a local call :-)
      57 years old.
      thoracic curve 68 degrees
      lumbar-sacral curve +/- 41 degrees
      Cspine C3- C7 fusion Nov. 2011 <done! success!!>, then scoli surgery T2- L4 or maybe to sacrum.
      Discogram/ myelogram pending. Surgery to be scheduled, maybe fall 2015. <scared but I know this is not going to get better>
      THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR SHARING EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE!

Comment

Originally posted by scooter950 View Post
        ugh So sorry to hear about your pain, and shot in the neck how frightening. Praise God, at least it helped the migraines. :-[ on a different note, I'm in Virginia now- a conference for the Navy, but no rental car. but the flight caused horrible pain. too much sitting. sending you sympathy and empathy, but today it's a local call :-)
        I'm so thankful I don't have my pre-surgery pain anymore....it's been traded for new pain but at least now I'm with doc's who can do things to help vs. tying to get into the docs I need. I've had trouble most of today with my trap and numbness going on and a pinched nerve but still no migraines so I'll take it. I have yet to me anyone who has had a shot and been very happy with the results....there's got to be someone they work well for lol.

I know when I use to travel I had a horrible time so I do not evny you your trip. Any thoughts of surgery soon or is it schedule?
        Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
        50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
        Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
        X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
        Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
        Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
        Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X