PDA

View Full Version : 10 Week Check Up-Dr. and Patient Proud!

golfnut
03-16-2011, 05:27 PM
First of all, it was nice to meet Evelyn (Confused Mom) this a.m. We discovered on the forum that we had back to back appointments. What a coincidence!
I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery and hope to continue to have a smooth recovery. I keep feeling my back where my rib hump was and it is not there. Probably the 6 osteotomies helped Dr. Lenke get such a good correction. No wonder it was a 10 hour surgery. I am attempting to attach before and after pictures.
Thanks to all of you who encouraged me during my 12 month wait. I am so glad I didn't back out!

rohrer01
03-16-2011, 05:36 PM
It's so good to hear you are doing well. Those before and after pictures are awesome! The amount of difference in the before and afters never cease to amaze me. I hope you continue healing well so you can get back to golfing!

doodie
03-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi Karen ~

My Goodness, you got great correction! So happy you're happy and doing so well.
Thanks for the update AND the photos!

Cheers!
Julie

Susie*Bee
03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
How wonderful! I bet you are floating on cloud nine!!! The pictures/x-rays are certainly worth a thousand words and should be such an encouragement to those who are wondering "should I or shouldn't I?" It's such a hard decision! The success stories and seeing the results sure make a powerful statement. I'm so happy for you. On with the recovery part!!! This will teach you patience, but it will be worth it. Hope you have a subscription to Golf Digest for women or another good magazine to keep you in the spirit while you're sitting it out for awhile... You can enjoy a little vicarious golfing that way, maybe.

Nitram
03-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Congrats Karen!!! Those pictures are amazing, keep up the good work!

Rich

Elisa
03-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Quite the difference in the before and after pics and your recovery seems to be going great too. Good for you! I can do pretty good mini golf. ;-)

LisaB
03-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Great job! It is wonderful not having the rib hump and looking normal! Happy you're doing so well! My husband was just saying last night that it's been only 6 months and I'm basically back to normal. I think the St Louis docs and Wash U and Barnes are great! Glad you got to meet Evelyn!

loves to skate
03-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Amazing correction Karen. And proud you should be! Sally

Doodles
03-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Karen--
I'm so happy for you! That is such an amazing correction. It looks great. Janet

titaniumed
03-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Karen

Amazing x-rays, before and after.

After all the years wondering about our spines and needing surgery, its such a good feeling to be done with it. And to come through with flying colors!

Always nice to hear success stories.
Congratulations!
Ed

JenniferG
03-17-2011, 04:08 AM
Wonderful pics, wonderful correction. Love the osteotomy! :D

It's great to hear you so happy. And that you didn't make a liar out of me!

You back looks lovely!

JamieAnn
03-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Karen,

I had been reading your posts for a while, and I know you were very hesitant for a long time. It makes me so happy to see how far you've come and how proud you are with the correction.

Yes, this surgery is major and recovery is long, but results like yours make it really something to consider for those who are considering surgery.

I am also happy I went through with it. My curves weren't nearly as bad, but I knew they were heading in that direction.

Best of luck on your continued road to recovery! Keep us posted!

backissues
03-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Congratulations!! It's great to see the before and after photos. Enjoy your new body shape!

Take care,
Irene

jeneemohler
03-17-2011, 02:56 PM
You look like a new woman!!! I am so glad you have had such a success with your surgery. You have been a great inspiration to those with surgeries coming up, and those who are trying to make a decision to go forward or not. You have shown what great results can be achieved. And all with such a great attitude. You go, girl!!! I fully expect golfing pics to go with Ed's skiing pics....

Singer
03-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Wow, your back looks fabulous. So glad you're doing so well!

KathK
03-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Karen,
Your back looks amazing! Congratulations! Keep up the healing and before you know it you'll be putting and chipping. Enjoy the freedom of spring...walking outside...yeah!

golfnut
03-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments. I almost feel guilty posting that I'm doing so well as I know there are those who still have pain issues. OTOH, I know that when I was pre-op I wanted to read the positives more than the negatives. I think it is natural for those having a smooth recovery and are also trying to deal with returning to work, being a mother, etc., don't have a reason or the time to post, where as, the forum is the place to go when one has an issue. Well, I'm off the subject. Thanks, again!

BendyBill
03-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Wonderful news, Karen. And your back looks amazing! Congratulations and please KEEP THE GOOD NEWS COMING! B x