PDA

View Full Version : Thread hijacking!!!

rohrer01
03-16-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm sure most of you have noticed that there is a "guest" poster named guarninna that is hijacking many, many threads. This person appears to be trying to push online pharmaceuticals. I'm posting this warning just in case someone, by chance, would fall for this scheme. Hopefully, Linda can remove these posts. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

Susie*Bee
03-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Rohrer-- down at the bottom left of each post, there's a triangle you can click on that reports a post you think is not appropriate. That lets Linda and/or Joe know about posts like that. Not sure if you knew about that.

Elisa
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Spammers are SO rude! I won't even bother to click on the links he/she posted.

rohrer01
03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Rohrer-- down at the bottom left of each post, there's a triangle you can click on that reports a post you think is not appropriate. That let's Linda and/or Joe know about posts like that. Not sure if you knew about that.

Thanks. I didn't know about that.

Karen Ocker
03-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Sale of these are expressly forbidden by Federal law. They can be reported:

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/webforms/umpireSubmit.do

jrnyc
03-20-2011, 06:35 PM
i think you are referring to the ones that do not require a prescription...i believe those violate the Federal drug laws...

jess

Karen Ocker
03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
i think you are referring to the ones that do not require a prescription...i believe those violate the Federal drug laws...

jess

Au contraire:

They do require a prescription and very often fall under federal Law regarding controlled dangerous sunstances. See link below:
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/consumer_alert.htm

jrnyc
03-21-2011, 07:25 PM
i don't understand...it says repeatedly that one must have a prescription...it sounds as if it is legal with a legal pharmacy and a valid prescription from a doctor one sees on a regular basis, not some bogus doctor, like the ones in CA writing "medical marijuana" prescriptions for everyone who walks in off the street....
i know people who send away for their meds at cheaper prices, totally legitimately...

"This means there must be a real doctor-patient relationship, which by most state laws requires a physical examination."

jess

Karen Ocker
03-23-2011, 05:43 PM
i don't understand...it says repeatedly that one must have a prescription...it sounds as if it is legal with a legal pharmacy and a valid prescription from a doctor one sees on a regular basis, not some bogus doctor, like the ones in CA writing "medical marijuana" prescriptions for everyone who walks in off the street....
i know people who send away for their meds at cheaper prices, totally legitimately...

"This means there must be a real doctor-patient relationship, which by most state laws requires a physical examination."

jess

The problem has been some sites do not require a prescription. Other sites have an on-line doctor(!?) who writes a prescription without a physical exam-- after a person fills out a questionnaire. This is against the law.