PDA

View Full Version : Surgery today for SaraCant and Mariposateach...

jeneemohler
03-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Unless I've missed some changes, today is the big day for Sarahcant and Mariposateach. My best wishes to the ladies, and their families who are waiting those long hours for the good news...

Lilysaidwhat
03-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Best of luck and may the pain management be swift and recovery excellent!

JenniferG
03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Best wishes to you both!

Doodles
03-15-2011, 05:19 PM
From me too. Hope all is well for these two!! Janet

sarahcant
03-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Hi its sarahcant had my surgery on Tuesday. I'm doing ok still in a lot of pain but the pain mgmt is great here. Its hard to get comfy but I'm seeing that it will get better hop everyonewill feel better soon. These droid phones are great! Can keep in touch well will post soon

Sarahcant
March 15 2011
Dr errico nyu

jeneemohler
03-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Wow, Saracant! How great to hear from you so soon!!!! I was in no shape to be posting from the hospital. That must be a great sign for you and your road ahead. It is always so good, and a relief, to hear from people after surgery-thank you!

The pain really does get better after a bit. That first week or two seems to be pretty tough for everyone. You will be amazed at how much better you will feel after a bit. Hang in there!

golfnut
03-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Sarah,
We are all glad to hear from you from "the other side". You are amazing to be posting so soon. You'll be home before you know it. Thanks for posting.

sarahcant
03-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Hi I am going home in the am. Feeling ok. Needed 3 blood transfusions and was running a fever but I'm ok nsow. The constipation is pretty bad so that's making me uncomfortable. They have gotten the pain under control for the most part. Will post when home!

Sarahcant

JenniferG
03-22-2011, 03:50 AM
"feeling ok" this early is a good sign Sarah. Take care of yourself and keep in touch to let us know how you're going. We'd love to know your stats too: height increase? What levels were fused? We're nosy like that! ;)

Doodles
03-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Sara--
You sound like you are doing very well and so early! That's great--hope you continue to heal and recover well. Janet

sarahcant
03-23-2011, 03:27 PM
im not very good with the numbers but here is what i know fused t5 to pelvis, gained an inch and change i will see Dr. Errico in 8 wks for xrays and then i can post pix and more details. Having bad constipation issues and my incision is so numb. I just cant get comfy. And has anyone else had blurred vision? I had my eyes checked in the hosp and he said they were better, but they are still bothering me, will post again soon

Sarahcant
march 15
dr erric nyu
t-5 to pelvis

Pooka1
03-23-2011, 03:39 PM
im not very good with the numbers but here is what i know fused t5 to pelvis, gained an inch and change i will see Dr. Errico in 8 wks for xrays and then i can post pix and more details. Having bad constipation issues and my incision is so numb. I just cant get comfy. And has anyone else had blurred vision? I had my eyes checked in the hosp and he said they were better, but they are still bothering me, will post again soon

My one kid had blurred vision for a few days but not the other.

Good luck. You sound like you are doing very well!

KathK
03-25-2011, 03:38 PM
My vision was very blurred while at the hospital. I could never read the clock on the wall and my vision has always been very good.

Sarahcant, I think you need to change you login to "Sarah CAN"! Congratulations on your new heights and your straight spine!

JenniferG
03-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Has anybody heard from mariposateach?

sarahcant
03-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Has anyone heard from Cathy in California? Im still very swollen from the surgery and its very uncomfortable. I also have pins and needles on top of my legs and the incision really burns. I can see that this is going to be a very long process. Oh well at least its over with and I know that every day will get better. I ended up getting a hospital bed I think it really helps with movement. I have wonderful friends and family that have really stepped up to the plate to help with food shopping, laundry and making me eat (which I never in my life thought would be an issue!) I have been walking around my house 2x a day and sitting in a chair just to get moving. Showering was the most wonderful feeling in the world. Ah the simple things we take for granted every day. Thanks for the suggestion on my name...maybe I will be SARAHCAN!! Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Sarahcan
March 15th
NYU Dr. Errico
the whole shabang

titaniumed
03-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Sarah
I also had problems seeing....I just cannot see the meds helping that. Was that a pun? he he

Getting comfortable after these surgeries has to be the #1 complaint. Thatís why I suggest a foam topper for the bed in my signature.
Hot baths are the ticket. I took 5 per day for 3 months. It was the only thing that worked for my nerve pain....106 degrees. Check with your surgeon first on this. Having an incisional infection is not pretty. I used antibacterial soap in a shower after my tubs.

The burning and the stabs and all the other immediate post surgical stuff will subside in time. The first 4 weeks are the hardest, just hang in there, you will do fine.

It would be a good idea to have a bottle of Magnesium Citrate around. Donít let yourself get constipated, it happens to all of us.

No word from Cathy or Susan here...
Ed

sarahcant
03-27-2011, 03:46 PM
hi ed i asked my doc about baths and he said no maybe later on. i have a temperpedic bed but for now its not helping me i squish in too much. I am renting a hospital bed for a month it seems to be helping. This constipation thing is killing me..im going to get a bottle of that stuff. This morning was so bad the doctor told me that if i cant go i have to go the ER with an impacted bowel. Finally a fleet enema did a little damage but i am in so much pain. The doctor said take colace 3x a day prune juice bran cereal and miralax. I am hoping to get somewhat back to normal with that because i was crying this morning it was horrible. I think i pulled every muscle in my back. Thanks for your reply its so nice to know im not alone and it gets better.

Sarahcant

golfnut
03-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Sarah,
I can sympathize with your constipation problem. Magnesium citrate helped me. My stomach pain from a combination of laxatives and constipation totally took my mind off of any back pain. It was the main reason I quit pain meds as soon as possible. Good luck. I know it's tough.